- The Network Engineer will support a DOJ MERLIN contract in day to day operations and monitoring of the network equipment availability and performance, respond to alerts and trouble tickets, and perform trouble shooting tasks. Key duties will include managing various components of the infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, appliance based specialty networking or system hardware, and configuration of alert management systems. Additional duties may involve project based work for the improvement of the client infrastructure or other elements of NMCC alert management, including integration of additional components, systems, or products into the managed device framework. Candidate will work as part of a team comprised of other Leidos employees, sub-contractors and client personnel. Open communication with these team members is paramount to the ensure the client network achieves over a 99% availability. Candidate must had an active Secret clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 4+ years’ experience managing a large enterprise network, including LAN and WAN technologies based on Cisco hardware and platforms.
- CCNA or CCNP.
- Expertise in networking concepts and equipment such as IPv4, VLANs, SPAN, VPNs, Trunking, Routers, Switches, Load Balancers, ONS Optical, Taclane encrypters, SolarWinds, and Firewalls. NX-OS, IOS, ASA, and Firepower.
- Candidate must have the ability to work as part of an operations team and be able to support multiple tasks at the same time.
- Candidate must have experience working in classified environment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.