At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
Leidos is seeking a Senior Software Developer to support Post Production Software Support (PPSS) and Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) engineering and technical services to the CECOM Software Engineering Center Mission Command Division for our Lawton, Oklahoma office. Successful candidate will support our customer in defining requirements, updating software, and verifying Mission Command, Fires and C2 Maneuver systems. Successful candidate will provide technical support to the Tactical and Strategic Mission Command system Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS).
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, or a related field
- 8-12 year experience in software development for an application in sustainment or Masters’ Degree with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have experience working in a Windows environment
- Active Secret clearance
- Design, develop, troubleshot and debug software programs for software enhancements and new software-intensive systems and products.
- Performs activities related to the analysis, design, development, test and maintenance of complex software systems and tools.
- Determines hardware compatibility.
- Mentors and guides junior personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the team.
- Designs and test updates and solutions.
- Develops solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impacts multiple areas and disciplines.
- Employs ingenuity and creativity to develop new technical solutions and systems in order to achieve functional objectives.
- Develops software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Communicates with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members. May communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.). Works to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Responsible for processes spanning multiple technical areas.
- Has knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Provides functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems, including, but not limited to application software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
- Familiarity with CECOM Software Engineering Center Post Production Software Sustainment (PPSS) processes a plus
- ADA experience a plus
- Experience working in an AGILE environment utilizing tools such as JIRA, BitBucket, Bambo.
- JAVA experience a plus
- Experience with Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data Systems (AFATDS) and Joint Automated Deep Operations Coordination System (JADOCS)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.