Leidos currently has an immediate opening for an Electronics and Test Technician, supporting multiple US Navy programs located Bethesda, MD. Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self-starter for a challenging position supporting programs that develop and deliver state of the art training and tactical decision aids software and systems. This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
This position is responsible for performing electronics and test duties associated with the construction, installation and maintenance of electronic US Navy training systems. These training systems are principally shore based (both CONUS and OCONUS), but some are sea based. Duties may include set up, calibration, testing, and/or trouble shooting of instruments, mechanical assemblies, and electrical assemblies; soldering and cable making; building computer equipment racks and cabinets; and cabling computer networks and building Cat5 cables and harnesses. This position is also responsible for recognizing cable and/or hardware failures and troubleshooting and repair of those failures. This position will also operate drill presses or other machine tools to fabricate parts; and assist with packing and shipping activities for large trainer deliveries.
This position also assists the warehouse manager with the receipt of new hardware; logging hardware into the inventory control system; inventory control of all incoming/outgoing hardware and ensure that all hardware is properly logged as to its final disposition. This position requires good organization skills, and the ability to apply this skill to ensure that our warehouse area is maintained in a professional and functional condition.
This position is expected to work with a great deal of independence to successfully achieve high level objectives that significantly contribute to the development and delivery of trainer systems.
A significant amount of travel may be required to trainer sites and will account for up to 20% of the job.
Education and Years of Experience:
- AA degree in electronic technology or equivalent, and 6+ years of applicable experience. Experience as a Navy ET, ST or FT may be substituted for the education requirement.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must have applicable experience and be able to demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Must be a flexible, positive and energetic team player, and be able to work in a fast paced environment and be able to adapt to changes in tasking.
- Must be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, plan and prioritize personal and team tasking, effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
- Must understand electronic principles and industry best practices for technicians.
- Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience
- Previous Navy (or other service) experience
- Autocad or Visio experience
- Knowledge of audio systems
- Experience operating and maintaining secure IT systems
- Experience with Linux
- Knowledge of building construction principles and techniques.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.