Leidos is seeking an Automation Engineer in Bethesda, MD. The Automation Engineer will be part of a test team with opportunities to test different products, such as web applications, websites, charts, maps, reports and databases. The testing will include both manual and automated testing.
The candidate will provide testing support for all software applications tiers including front-end functional testing, middle-tier testing of web services and other APIs and testing back end ETL and other data processes. In addition, the candidate is expected to lead and drive test automation effort. Candidate may also participate in requirements reviews to provide feedback on requirements and to ensure that functional requirements are testable and adequately documented to drive the test process.
The candidate should be able to write test plans and think of testing strategy for each release.
Key areas of responsibilities:
• Promotes and trains on continuous testing/ agile test strategies and DevOps
• Designing test strategies, test plans, and test cases from requirements, design documents and specifications for testing across different platforms (mobile, IoT, cloud) and with an emphasis on automation
• Define, develop and implement software/systems testing standards and procedures and oversee testing across SDLC.
• Collaborate with team members to refine the product backlog items
• Executing and reporting security tests.
• Identifying regression test candidates for automation, planning automation activities across the team and automating test cases.
• Estimating test case writing and execution effort and keeping track of own and team progress.
• Test case authoring and holding test case reviews with stakeholders.
• Execution of test cases including functional, regression, exploratory, performance, load and smoke tests for both web applications and database.
• Reporting defects, tracking, validating and closing.
• Recording test results and reporting them.
• Participation in daily scrum meetings, agile ceremonies and weekly test team meetings.
• Participate in all phases of risk management assessments and software development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection.
• Install, maintain, or use software testing programs.
• Supporting our metrics program by keeping track and gather metrics on all activities.
• Using metrics in quantitative project management concept to identify areas for improvement.
• Providing innovative solutions for more efficient testing strategy.
• Helps other testers in adopting agile and security test strategies
• Support UAT activities
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related field)
• At least 3 years of experience performing as a software tester
• At least 1 year of experience with test automation.
• Experience working in a DevOps environment
• Experience with drafting test plans and test cases
• Experience with security testing and static/dynamic code analysis tools such as Nessus, Netsparker, SonarQube, Burp, Wireshark, Snort, etc
• Experience with performance and load testing
• Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile-Scrum development methodology
• Experience with mentoring and training team members
• Experience with gathering metrics and monitoring progress
• Experience with Acceptance Test Driven Development (Gherkin), Behavior Driven Development
• Experience using test automation tools such as Selenium and Cucumber
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• ISTQB certified tester
• Experience incorporating security testing into agile frameworks
• Working knowledge of the OWASP Top 10, test approaches and tools
• Experience in using JIRA, Git/ Bitbucket
• Experience using VMware
• Experience with 508 compliance testing
• Experience with Selenium and XPath
• Experience working in public health and federal contracting
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.