The Leidos Health group is building an R&D team to solve difficult problems and make a difference for its customers. The Leidos Health Group is seeking a Technical Project Manager for our R&D team to provide leadership on guidance on the testing and validation of innovative new capabilities.
In this role, you will provide leadership and guidance on the design, development, testing and validation of new applications and systems. You will also provide oversight of technical activities across the life cycle of research and development.
General activities may also include providing oversight and management of, and management of resources for:
- Analysis and study of complex system requirements
- Provide insight and guidance on validation and testing efforts
- Recommend methods, software tools, and techniques to perform testing and validation
- Mentorship of R&D personnel in balancing testing/validation efforts versus rapid implementation.
- Estimation of software development life cycle costs and scheduling
- Review projects and assist in making refinements, reducing development time, and improving testing/validation techniques
- Bachelor’s degree plus 8 years' of experience or prior technical project experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Healthcare Information Systems Background. In particular validation and testing of capabilities in complex systems of systems environments.
- Demonstrated technical project management skills, including resource, schedule, and problem management.
- Requires ability to communicate with executive leadership regarding matters of schedules and deliveries.
- Understanding of, and demonstrated ability to manage the following:
- Testing and validation of health applications, systems, databases and interoperability suites
- Requirements interpretation and decomposition
- Project management across the development life cycle not just to include testing and validation.
- Understanding of cybersecurity concepts and implementations.
- Provided coaching and mentorship of team members towards a common objective
- Skill in communicating effectively (orally and in writing); ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with multiple partners, working teams, and organizations; and ability to manage a complex task, including short-term and long-term planning, goal and policy setting, and monitoring accomplishments.
- Working with Military or Veterans Health Applications
- Interoperability Suites such as Orion Rhapsody or Cerner FSI
- Health Interoperability standards such as FHIR
- Experience working with projects in their “infancy”, building teams, working through the initial design phases into development, and testing.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.