Today, Electronic Warfare (EW) is a growing enterprise - protecting the warfighter and our national security against ever-adapting threats. Leidos currently has an opening for a Digital HW Security Engineer to support EW programs in San Diego, CA.
We're seeking an experienced engineer with HW Security background to design and integrate protections into digital electronics currently in the design stages for future systems.
• Create attack trees and recommend countermeasures
• Define system and subsystem requirements related to protection and anti-tamper
• Establish system Protection Plan and reports
• Collaborate with national experts to assess and address system/subsystem/component vulnerabilities and residual risks
• Provide requirements and direction to engineering design staff
• Communicate concerns and results to internal and external stakeholders
• Must have an in-scope Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS security clearance
• Bachelor’s degree with at least 8 years’ experience in hardware security engineering or related field
• Continuous learner with demonstrated ability to learn adapt skills to new subject area
• Independently motivated; able to define your own tasking to meet long term team goals
• Able to work collaboratively with a diverse team toward a common goal, in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving program environment
• Writing skills to clearly and concisely document process, progress, and results
• Presentation skills which inspire confidence in the technical material presented
• Ability and willingness to use and adopt best zpractices and compliance processes
• Interest and experience in other aspects of system design, e.g. FPGA programming, system engineering, SoC design or verification, or testing
• Experience developing and writing a Protection Plan, including an Anti-Tamper Plan, in accordance with Defense Acquisition Directives
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.