At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but also change the world. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
The Defense Airborne Solutions Group currently has a dynamic opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer, located in Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD, in support of the Airborne Reconnaissance Low – Enhanced (ARL-E) program. ARL-E is a multi-year program supporting the U.S. Army with upgrading and enhancing the Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities of their airborne reconnaissance fleet. The ARL-E team is geographically separated with primary duty locations of Aberdeen, MD and Manassas, VA.
As the Senior Systems Engineer, you will perform integration and maintenance on the Airborne ISR (AISR) system. As a part of a multi-company team, you will integrate Mission Equipment Payloads into aircraft, perform system checkout and support the Test & Evaluation team throughout the Contractor Testing and system fielding.
-Assist leadership with technical oversight, day-to-day design, development, integration, and testing of a hardware and software system architecture to support the AISR system.
-Integrate government and commercial software solutions, airborne sensors, and hardware into various operating systems.
-Coordinate with ARL-E leadership to plan system maintenance and report ongoing activities with multiple aircraft and ARL-E labs.
-Plan, manage, and enforce equipment and software baseline standards
-Create and maintain documentation associated with integration activities
-Maintain performance of subsystem Integration Assembly Test and Checkouts
-Troubleshoot to isolate system faults and perform repairs
-Responsible for ensuring ARL-E labs and storage facilities at APG are maintained to a high standard of accountability, cleanliness, and security.
-Interface between government and sub-contractor employees to achieve program goals
- Attend critical meetings necessary to remain knowledgeable of current mission and operation status.
-Provide training as needed to IT team members and system support personnel.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
- A current DoD Top Secret/SCI with the ability to obtain a Poly
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline with 8+ years’ of related experience or a Master’s degree with 6+ years of related experience; additional years of related work experience required in lieu of a degree
- Civilian and/or military experience with Airborne programs
- Experience with configuring and managing SAN and Server infrastructure
- Possess strong troubleshooting, problem solving, and organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
- Proficient in computer system management, integration, troubleshooting, and administration skills in ESXi, Windows Server, and Red Hat Enterprise
- Leadership of small teams with minimal supervision
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook).
- Must have the ability to identify innovative solutions to extremely complex, multi-faceted technical problems
- Willing to work around government and sub-contractors schedule to accomplish mission that may include late night and early morning hours.
- A minimum of 25% travel may be required to support activities throughout the CONUS locations.
-A Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of related experience; additional years of related work experience required in lieu of a degree
- Knowledge of aircraft integration and operations
- Experience with TSB software solutions
- Experience with working in an development and integration environment
- Experience with Database management and query writing
- Experience with software and system lifecycle procedures
- Experience with integrating networking hardware/software into Airborne Platforms
- Systems Installations and Troubleshooting
- Strong Linux background
- ARL-E Tactical SIGINT Baseline (TSB) integration subject matter expert responsible for validating and integrating new TSB releases into the ARL-E baseline.
- Proficient in computer system management, integration, troubleshooting, and administration skills in VMware Cisco, and Brocade
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.