This program is in need of a Senior Software Engineer who will work with various teams to support Transition and Decommissioning activities for a large and complex program. The SWE may also provide daily operations support and maintenance. The selected individual should be comfortable performing software sustainment, editing and correcting data files and workflows; editing, scheduling and submitting jobs; and monitoring and maintaining inbound and outbound data flows. The individual will be expected to interact with customers and participate in technical meetings.
The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: The OCEANWAVE (OW) program is a new and exciting program supporting of our customer’s Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, OW looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the OW program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment.
What you will like about this position:
Work in a small, integrated team environment, focused on innovating and driving solutions to meet current and future mission needs.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Experience with and comfortable leading a technical team
- Experience with Perl Scripting
- Experience managing large data flows
- Possess Oracle database knowledge
- Knowledgeable of DoD enterprise architecture
- The applicant should have a thorough understanding of data flows
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- The individual will be expected to interact with customers and participate in technical meetings.
- Experienced in software systems sustainment, maintenance, transitioning, and decommissioning
- 12-14 years of experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Must be able to interact effectively with developers and the Customer; cubicle environment
Must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph in order to be considered for this position..
- Familiarity with JS-ext, jquery libraries, Restful Services, Servlet and JSP Programming, Git, GitLAB, ojdbc, SQL, GUI Programming and familiarity with assistive technologies, Atlassian Confluence, TLS, PKI, CASPORT, Unix administration
Desired Skills (if any)
- Strong communication skills
- Able to function within a large development team; interfacing, creating schedules, briefings, and status reports
- Must be able to interact effectively with the team of engineers/developers AND customers; some travel to deployment sites may be necessary
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.