Leidos Government Health Safety Solutions group currently has an opening for a UX/UI designer to work in our Atlanta, GA office. The UI/UX Designer will assist in the design, implementation, and testing of a geospatial/GIS web application. The selected individual will be part of a software development team utilizing an agile development methodology. Past experience in web application design, user interface design, or user experience (UX) design.
- Primary Responsibilities
User Experience concepts and creating of personas, wireframes, and visual design services
- Collaborate with SMEs to define use cases and personas
- Collaborate with other user experience designers to develop and manage requirements
- Perform functional testing of the user interface and identify issues found during the software development/integration process
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders on test progress during daily scrum meetings
- Create, execute, and maintain technical documentation
- Support program operational needs as required
- Typically requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent relevant experience/education
- US Citizenship or Green Card holder required
- Experience with user experience products (Confluence, Balsamiq, Adobe XD)
- 5+ years of experience creating use cases/personas, wireframes, and/or visual design
- Deep expertise and knowledge of user experience concepts
- Experience creating intuitive user interfaces
- Experience with modern user experience concepts
- Ability to generate, follow, and update technical requirements and wireframes and evaluate results
- Ability to work successfully in a team, independently, and take initiative on tasks
- Ability to communicate in both oral and written formats.
- Demonstrated knowledge of user experience concepts
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Understanding of agile processes
Solid experience with information visualization
Experience in website design
Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation
Experience with User Interface Design and 508 requirements
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.