The Civil group at Leidos is seeking a Power / Electrical Engineer with expertise in back up powers systems, to support the FAA customer.
This position is with the Power Services Group that provides both electrical engineering support and program analysis for the Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) and Batteries Program.
The location is in Washington DC and and is part of the National Air Space Integration Support Contract III (NISC III). program.
The Power Services Group provides support for critical power infrastructure for FAA.
Primary responsibilities for the position include:
- Identifying and validating requirements for UPS/UPS Battery sustainment,
- Creating, reviewing and updating project originations.
- Preparing requests for quotation, evaluating received quotations, creating/submitting funding requests
- Initiating, reviewing and tracking organizational risk management activities
- Preparing project metrics
- Participating in weekly and monthly telecoms
- Creating and maintaining project schedules
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering/Power Systems, or similar.
- 5+ years experience in back up power systems design, review, installation and project management
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Power Point.
- Ability to support customer and senior engineers in designs, reviews, red-lines/changes, processes, cost determinations, schedules and technical impacts of changes
- Ability to ensure designs or changes are in compliance with applicable government and industry standards.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Familiarity with FAA, FAA Corporate Work Plan and industry standards with regards to Back up Power Systems designs.
- Advanced Excel knowledge and skills
- Strong Communication Skill.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.