The Defense group of Leidos has an opening for a Configuration/Change Lead to be based in Colorado Springs, CO.
Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Configuration/Change Lead will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
This position will report directly to the Projects Lead, with regular interaction with the Program Manager and Government POCs.
- Drives configuration and change management processes for all NORAD/USNORTHCOM IT networks, projects and systems
- Follow industry recognized best practices for change control processes to ensure highest quality deliverables and infrastructure performance
- Develop version control processes, policies, and procedures and ensure they are followed
- Conduct configuration/change management design, workflows, documents and processes
- Serve as an advisor on and ensure configuration/change documentation is completed
- Recommend automated tools and interconnection of systems and tools with automated workflows
- Lead operational efficiencies, reduce manpower, lower cost, and ensure a smooth, secure transition of new, upgraded, or redesigned systems
- Maintain multiple systems while driving toward a standardized baseline across all operation systems
- Examine customer problems, develop and present solutions, and then implements appropriate corrective action to initiate a change
- Ensure that baseline integrity management can be established within the enterprise
- Support the development and adherence to procedures and policies
- Mentor junior Configuration/Change Managers
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4-6 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-4 years of prior relevant experience
- Higher level knowledge of change management best practices
- Experience providing change management on multiple systems and domains
- Experience developing, establishing and implementing change management goals and plans that meet project objectives
- Experience reviewing and documenting change management activities for a client
- Experience interfacing with senior management and negotiating with clients on requirements and deliverables
- DoD 8570 IAT Level I certification requirements
- Must have Secret clearance with ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor's degree in associated field
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
- Familiarization of DOD regulations and directives
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.