Are you someone concerned with the security of our nation? Are you driven to protect and serve? Are you skilled in cyber defense? Then Leidos is the place for you. We are ensuring our nation’s security in a partnership with the Department of Homeland Security. Our partnership focuses on the DHS Security Operations Center (SOC) Support Services Program where we provide around the clock cyber support focusing on some our nation’s toughest threats.
Leidos has an immediate need for a Senior Cyber Security Engineering Lead to support this DHS SOC Program. The Engineering Lead will need to be a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner. Will work with internal team members to ensure the systems are functional, secure, and scalable. The systems and networks developed will be used to collect and process data and improve the DHS SOC security infrastructure. The Engineer Lead will engineer design and develop cyber security technology along with integration of new architectural features into existing infrastructures while maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks.
Duties will include:
- Lead multi-disciplined team in the design and implementation of the cyber security system architecture to meet the needs of the SOC Operations team
- Produce cyber security architectural artifacts. Provide architectural analysis of cyber security features and existing system related to future needs and trends
- Review and provide input to system requirements based on cyber security posture
- Compiles industry best practices and lessons learned into future iterations and new designs
- Provide broad based experience in the systems engineering life-cycle and apply the experience to specific cyber security initiatives relating to architectural design and development
- Resolves architecture implementation issues during integration and test
- Employ measures to ensure the deployed infrastructure is secure and available
- Advise and assist team members to deploy and configure collection services and tools
- Oversee the maintenance of the infrastructure and make recommendations to improve operations
- Provide functional management (performance, time, etc.) of Leidos team members
- Provide mentoring to all team members
- Directly interface with customer representatives and external groups
Required Skills and Education:
BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience with a focus on cyber security OR Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
- At least one of the following certifications: CASP, GCIH, GCWN, GISF, GISP, GSSP, GICSP, GSSP, SEI, CISSP, CSSLP, SSCP, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCIE Security, CEH, ECSP, MCSE, RHCA, RHCE, VCP, VCAP, VCIX, VCDX, Certified Splunk Architect
- Department of Homeland Security ESOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
- Must have 8 years of experience in at least 2+ of the following areas:
- Hands on programming /scripting experience
- Perl, Python, Shell, etc. experience
- System and network engineering
- Security device (Firewall, IDS, etc.) administration
- Administration of Linux and Windows servers
- Cloud related design, implementation/configuration
- Experience working with developers and process improvement
- 2+ years experience in a lead capacity for a software engineering/systems engineering/cyber team
- 2+ years in project documentation artifacts (requirements, schedules, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience directly supporting and interfacing with government customers
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge with designing, building, deploying, and maintaining infrastructure both on-prem and in cloud environments
- Experience working on a geographically dispersed team
- Experience with configuring and managing virtualized environments
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Ability to lead and work independently with little oversight
Desired Skills and Certifications:
- Existing DHS EOD, active Secret clearance, or active Top Secret clearance
- Recent security operations (SOC) experience.
- Experience with Agile methods
- At least 7 years of experience supporting mission-critical projects
- Knowledge of performance metrics related to security operations
- Detailed knowledge of key cyber and network technologies such as Netwitness, Splunk, FireEye, etc.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.