The Intelligence Group of Leidos has a career opportunity for a talented Quality Assurance Engineer. This position serves as the member of a team with the responsibility to ensure the highest quality service is provided to our customer through the generation and control of program processes, performance of regularly scheduled internal process audits and the consistent facilitation of structured improvement activities. The successful candidate will be an agent for change, possess high energy, have a passion for quality, and be self-motivated. The environment demands the ability to quickly establish working relationships with coworkers/customers in various national capital region locations.
- Manage program instantiation of the Quality Management System
- Deploy and implement appropriate QMS processes
- Recommend, facilitate, track and report on continuous process improvement activities
- Implement audit practices for internal processes and products
- Ensure adherence to all standards, Leidos policies, and best practices
- Support the development and collection of performance metrics
- Track, analyze and report to program management on trends found in the performance metrics
- Provide the program manager with timely metrics and audit outcomes to gauge progress towards quality objectives
- Report to higher level management on Quality Achievement and act as liaison for enterprise quality initiatives for the program.
- Review and submit contract deliverables
- Experience providing Quality Management with Software Development and IT Service Management Projects
- Bachelors degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant work experience. Additional years of experience in lieu of degree is acceptable
- Lean Six-Sigma Green Belt
- Experience auditing to external quality standards such as ISO9001/ISO20000/AS9100/CMMI Dev or Svc
- Experienced with peer reviews and process auditing
- Experience collecting and analyzing metrics
- Ability to multi-task, complete tasks without direct supervision, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, & Project)
- Ability to support limited domestic travel
- Active TS/SCI with Poly clearance is required
- Certified Lean Six-Sigma Black Belt
- Experience with Agile principles
- Understanding of ITIL principles (ITIL Foundation training or equivalent)
- Apollo Root Cause Analysis (ARCA) training or equivalent.
- Formal auditor training
- Experience in Software development environment
- Understanding of Configuration Management principles
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.