Leidos is seeking candidates for the position of SQL Server Database Administrator/ETL Developer supporting the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Data Warehouse (HDW) in Bethesda, MD.
As the Nation’s public health agency, HRSA’s mission is to provide direct and indirect resources to administer to the health care needs of the medically under-served in the United States. In order to do so, HRSA requires extensive data on population, income, existing health care resources, the health workforce, as well as various other types of contextual data. Data are stored in the HDW repository and published to the HRSA intranet and the internet via numerous web applications, geospatial information system, business intelligence dashboards, data services, and other mechanisms.
The candidate must have a minimum of 5 years' experience as a Database Administrator with extensive knowledge of database administration, database management, database optimization, data warehouse and BI techniques. The candidate must have experience with ETL design, development, testing and deployment. The candidate needs leadership and strong communication skills to influence architecture and design decisions and good communication and interpersonal skills to work with customers and end users.
- A Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and 5+ years of Microsoft SQL server administration experience with familiarity of MS SQL syntax (additional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree)
- Excellent understanding of ETL development with Sequel Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Data warehouse experience required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Communications and presentation skills including ability to communicate data concepts to business users
- Data Security knowledge
- Data Analysis with a degree of creativity and lateral thinking is expected
- Experience creating data models using Idera ER/Studio software
- Metadata creation, maintenance, and management
- Strong foundation of data integration/data warehousing concepts necessary
- Administer database organizations, standards, controls, procedures, and documentation
- Work closely with the Data SME, customers, and end users to translate business requirements into technical designs to map and load data from source systems to the data warehouse
- Develop ETL audits and controls to ensure quality of data meets or exceeds defined standards and thresholds defined by the business customer
- Communicate and accurately document all architectural decisions, plans, goals, and functional requirements
- Maintain metadata with data definitions, relationships, sources, and lineage
- Control access permissions and privileges
- Prepare and maintain strong technical documentation
- Attention to detail, creative problem solving abilities, and coaching and influencing skills are a must
- SQL Server 2012+ (experience leading SQL upgrade efforts a plus)
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Help team provide problem resolution support for existing production ETL jobs which includes on-call rotation
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Ability to pass a background investigation is required. Candidates will be required to sign and adhere to data use agreements on an annual basis.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.