The Civil Group at Leidos has an opening for a Software Lead in Mountain View, California. This position supports NASA"s Distributed Spacecraft Autonomy (DSA) project. DSA is developing software to demonstrate autonomous decision making and adaptive reconfiguration on a swarm of satellites over the next several years. The software development lead a team of 5-7 engineers through the design, implementation, and testing of the software system.
The DSA project is part of the Intelligent Robotics Group (irg.arc.nasa.gov), which conducts an aggressive program of robotics research and development. Research topics include rover and spacecraft autonomy and resource management, planetary surface rover development, real-time computer control of mobile robots and manipulators, human-robot interaction, and 3D terrain reconstruction and visualization. This research and development supports a wide variety of NASA enterprise customers through direct technology delivery, as well as through a program of field-testing of technologies in remote science analog environments, on satellites and on the International Space Station.
Required Education and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 12 years' relevant experience, or a Master's degree and a minimum of 10 years experience. Additional experience and/or relevant certifications may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Strong background in robotics, and distributed systems and distributed autonomy
- Strong background in leading software development teams
- Agile software development
- Software development experience with C++ and GNU tools under Linux
- Software architecture and design
- Experience with embedded Linux
Other Desired Skills:
- Onboard software for satellites systems
- Core Flight Systems
- Embedded systems (especially Linux)
- Fault diagnosis and recovery
- DDS (Data Distribution System) networking middleware
- Robust communication over unreliable wireless networks
Robotics & Autonomous Systems
- Multi-agent systems
- Experience with robot perception, guidance, navigation, and/or planning
- Git version control system
- CMake build system
- Engineering project lifecycles and design reviews
This position requires successful completion of a government background check to access ITAR and/or EAR protected data. Due to contract requirements, only U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents can be considered for this position.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.