As the Lead Information Assurance Engineer, the ideal candidate will provide key security leadership to Information Assurance team members on a fast paced and dynamic nationwide program. Leadership focused on nurturing external and internal customer relationships, developing junior cyber security and information security engineers and delivering higher quality site security plans, systems security plans. The candidate will be the primary broker/manager for all security assessment and compliance activities to include at a minimum, OIG activities, Blue Teams, FISMA and other external organizational security audit activities. Incumbent will lead a team responsible for compliance management, continuous monitoring, and facilitating projects with the Projects/Engineering team to drive long-term evolution of security environment and will oversee management of IT security policies for two customer networks as related to Nationwide IT solutions within the SCIFs and Closed spaces. As needed, the lead will design and develop IA or IA enabled products, interface specifications, and approaches to secure the environment.
Specific IA duties include:
- Prepare and maintain assessment and authorization packages to obtain approvals to operate IAW ICD 503, CNSS 1253 and NIST 800-53’s applicable revision
- Lead/support the quarterly Federal Information Security Management Act audits
- Experience preparing for and conducting command cyber readiness inspection self-inspections/audits activities associated with As needed, design and develop IA or IA enabled products, interface specifications, and approaches to secure the environment
- Experience lifecycle management and mitigation of security/cyber related incidents
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: (“must have” for hire)
- Ability to manage multiple high visibility security projects and adjust to quick shifts in customer priorities while meeting all mission requirements.
- Directs activities that have significant impact on the achievement of results for the project/function. Work requires a high degree of responsibility for resources, and frequently influences organizational or operational decisions made by leadership.
- Active Department of Homeland Security EOD
- Builds and develops cloud and big data system architecture artifacts for communications and managerial decision makers, supporting funding, strategic vision/roadmaps, and tactical projects.
- Develop site assessment plan for compliance and Security System Plans (SSP) for DHS authorization
- Solves problems and issues with limited information. Conducts extensive investigation to understand the root cause of problems. Problems are highly complex and typically involve multiple families, projects, or customers.
- Keeps Security Services Manager and (internal and external) customers abreast of risks, impacts and constraints to security projects. Negotiates and influences others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
- Responsible for creating workforce and staffing plans for project/family to ensure efficient use of resources. Typically has hiring, firing, promotion and reward authority within own area, in accordance with organizational guidelines.
- Possesses deep management and leadership knowledge to lead cross-family project or program teams or manage across multiple families. Typically has mastery within a specific technical discipline/area or broad expertise across multiple related disciplines.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience. Generally has 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- GCIH Certification (a plus)
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
- Certified Intelligence Analyst (a plus)
- IC Community Leadership experience
- Department of Defense Program Management (DISA) experience
- Public Trust Information Assurance experience (a plus)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.