Leidos is currently looking for a Chief Engineer/IT Operations Lead in Colorado Springs.
Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services.
The Chief Engineer/IT Operations lead will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
This position will report directly to the Deputy Program Manager/Director of Operations, with regular interaction with the Program Manager and Government POCs.
- Responsible for overall network engineering support for customer programs including planning, designing, and evaluating various components of the networks
- Solve routine technical problems following established procedures and policies
- Work directly with Engineering team to provide specifications for network architecture, evaluating and recommending new technologies to enhance current capabilities, and performing needs assessments
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve network related issues through monitoring, testing, and servicing network equipment
- Collaborate with other Service and Functional Leads to resolve customer related issues with company provided services
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of overall related experience or Masters with 10+ years of related experience (Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree)
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Hold DoD-8570 IAT III baseline certification (Security+ CE) prior to start date
- Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management
- Expertise in one or more of the following: routers, switches, crypto devices, routing, CISCO, Juniper, F5 Load Balancers, BlueCoat Web Proxy, or Palo Alto Firewalls
- General understanding of network topologies including BGP and OSPF protocols
- MCSE Certification
- Bachelor's degree in associated field
- CISCO CCNA Certification
- CISSP Certification
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
- Familiarization of DOD regulations and directives
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.