Be part of the winning Leidos team and use your valued experience to support the Integrated Base Defense Sustainment Support (IBD-SS). The Defense Group at Leidos has a contingent opening for a Deputy Program Manager to work at Fort Belvoir, Virginia and surrounding Leidos offices.
Daily duties include supporting all programmatic activities in support of the IBD SS program. Responsible for leading/development of deliverables and management of the program management office staff and systems engineering team. The Deputy PM will monitor progress of drawing packages, engineering change proposals, software defect reports, technical data packages, failure summary and analysis reports, interface control documents, and test plans in addition to other programmatic deliverables. Interacts with program and Government personnel to monitor emerging issues or inquiries. Supports the Program Managers and assumes the PM role in their absence. Responsibilities also include the welfare of subordinate program personnel and planning and directing their work and carrying out leadership duties. Reports directly to the Leidos Program Manager and interfaces with prime contract personnel.
- Active Secret security clearance.
- BS Degree and 10 years of relevant program management experience required.
- Must be capable of planning, coordinating, and directing the activities of administrative, program, and technical personnel.
- Must have a thorough understanding and experience in the complete life-cycle management of military systems.
- Must have knowledge and experience with Department of Defense (DOD)/Army plans, policies, standards, and methods aimed at the acquisition and support of military programs and resources for Army systems.
- Must be capable of managing and controlling schedules and cost to provide on time, within budget, performance of all aspects of the contractual effort.
- Must be capable of providing direction for operations and ensuring compliance with all management policies, plans, and procedures.
- Must be capable of providing recommendations for resolution of technical problems.
- Relevant and recent IBD experience.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.