Leidos is seeking a System Administrator to partner on a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD. The System Administrator will partner and lead operations across multiple geographic locations. The System Administrator provides systems and software operations and maintenance support in a large network enterprise, multi-enclave environment. This individual will work in a team environment to ensure mission needs are met and ensure functionality of capabilities of customers.
This role requires an individual that is technical, customer oriented and familiar with using desktop software applications such as web browsing and client software, and IT Service Management software. This individual should be detail oriented in order to capture customer inquiries appropriately. Role requires excellent oral and written communication skills. This role is responsible for interacting with customers to handle service inquiries and problems. Duties include examining highly complex customer problems and suggesting and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair or return, troubleshoot in Windows, Macintosh, and UNIX desktop operating systems (think or virtualized clients) imaging, desktop applications, user profiles, and general system problems. This role leads analyzes of recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence. Individuals in this role may be required to remotely log into the end users' endpoint (desktops and/or servers) in order to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions.
- Experience with interacting with customers, senior managers, and customers, to handle service inquiries and problems.
- Coordinate with customers and stakeholders to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with incident tickets and requirements.
- Implement, troubleshoot and maintenance of complex IT IdAM systems.
- Enforce security strategies and policies within established guidelines across the O&M IdAM function.
- Design, develop and document solutions to complex active directory and windows technical issues.
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for root cause analysis, engineering technical assessment and process improvement initiatives.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Update operations and maintenance documentation for 24/7/365 personnel
- Mastery of IdAM technical areas and broad expertise across multiple level systems.
- Knowledge of IdAM and customer’s systems security standards, concepts and tools to be able to complete technology assignments.
- Experience working independently on IdAM technical solutions in support of a client.
- Experience with Tier 2 system administration
- Experience supporting a broad range of assignments requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Experience developing methodologies and presenting solutions to team members.
- Experience collaborating with and reviewing the work of team members on requirements and solutions.
- Experience with log reviews, incident analysis, and identification of issue trends
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP)
- The candidate must have Bachelor’s Degree with 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- An active TS/SCI with polygraph is required for this position.
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.