Leidos Government Health & Safety Solution Group in Windsor Mill, Maryland (Baltimore) in support of the End-User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to improve and advance the organization by adding a Knowledge Base Coordinator to our Communications and Multimedia team. Our program focuses on the delivery of end-user centric IT solutions through a streamlined and seamless development, implementation and communication experience.
The ideal candidate for the Knowledge Base Coordinator position will work to establish, grow and shape this new role, focusing on identifying, managing, documenting, packaging and disseminating key information to targeted users. This team member knows that knowledge management tools are critical to supporting our customer-facing colleagues. The team member will create a comprehensive knowledge management system, facilitating the delivery of the right information at the right time to the right person while ensuring the transfer of knowledge across operations results in more efficient and accurate information, instructions and service to end-user customers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for continually updating the knowledge base to proactively anticipate and respond to changes in the product, service and industry. This position will provide essential content to hundreds of internal program team members and thousands of end users to provide answers and directions to allow their jobs, teams and functions to operate more efficiently and effectively.
The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter who likes to write technical and customer service-oriented documentation while also building systems and processes to deliver this information. This role will embrace the opportunity to transform our knowledge base system including knowledge based articles (KBAs), templates, service training, documentation, and measurements of success while identifying trends, accomplishments and areas of improvement.
An innovative mindset and the ability to identify methods and tools to use throughout the customer support process are critical for success in this role. This requirement includes working with existing processes and technologies while also bringing new ideas to the Communications and Multimedia Team, ECIS program, customer and end-user.
The candidate must work well within a team, be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and be able to build and respond to both short and long-term projects, deliverables and plans. This position will have direct contact with key customer stakeholder contacts and groups.
A customer service mindset and approach are critical.
This role is part of a multidisciplinary communications and multimedia team, which includes technology writing, graphic design, documentation and training, business analysis, Jira administration, incident response and quality control. Collaboration with others across the in-house program team is critical including with project managers, IT specialists and engineers, procurement, document and quality control, service desk and web developers. This position includes working with the customer, internal program team members, subject matter experts and other program partners and contractors.
Under the direction of the Senior Communications and Multimedia Manager, the Knowledge Base Coordinator responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Managing the 400+ knowledge based articles (KBAs) and system used by the program’s service desk team;
- Reviewing, assessing, recommending and implementing improvements to the current process and system for KBA content creation, use, training and quality control;
- Writing new KBA’s and editing existing ones while establishing and maintaining content standards and styles;
- Improving, editing and/or creating new tools and templates where needed;
- Identifying and building a library of assets including visuals or diagrams for the KBA content;
- Working with service team leads and project managers on regular reviews of KBA needs and trends related to the service desk tickets and issues;
- Setting up and facilitating a process for regular reviews and updates with various team leads and managers involved with knowledge management;
- Becoming familiar with the service level agreements (SLAs) to ensure that the knowledge management articles and process are meeting the SLAs while also seeking innovation and new service level standards;
- Ensuring that the KBA process is linked to other key areas of the overall program management, involving other staff, team leads and managers;
- Ensuring the legal and operational compliance of all service desk information;
- Consulting relevant information sources (including research, technical documents, subject matter experts, customer and project personnel) to obtain background information, and verify pertinent guidelines and regulations governing project deliverables;
- Ensuring that content and documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhere to standards for quality, content, format and style including meeting 508 compliance;
- Continuously assessing the effectiveness of the knowledge base to identify opportunity areas;
- Providing input and leadership on KBA content strategies, processes and trends to keep work cutting-edge for the customer group and end-user;
- Working in other areas across the Communications and Multimedia team where needed, particularly in areas of content management.
- 5+ years of experience writing knowledge based articles and/or related content;
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in writing, English, communications, or closely-related discipline;
- Experience with knowledge base systems, tools and content;
- Demonstrated ability to break down complex processes, technology and language into easy-to-follow information, explanations and instructions;
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills;
- Superior organizational skills;
- Excellent content creation and management skills;
- Strong creativity and problem solving abilities with a desire to find the best solution;
- Ability to research and organize processes and workflows in a concise and discernible manner;
- Ability to manage multiple assignments while ensuring technical accuracy and fact checking, adherence to documentation standards, and a timely delivery of all work products;
- Self-starter, goal oriented and results-driven professional able to work independently and with a team;
- Comfortable working with databases and a variety of system management software;
- Desire to bring innovation and creative thinking to projects to meet new goals and outcomes;
- Must be able to work additional hours on occasion;
- Ability to travel locally and at times regionally or nationally as requested;
- Ability to obtain a public trust clearance.
- Knowledge and experience with various documentation and content management tools including MS Office Suite.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
- Ability to work to 508 compliance;
- Experience with human centered design (HCD) framework;
- Experience working with agile project management including Jira and Confluence environments;
- Knowledge of IT systems and processes;
- Experience of knowledge management and best practices within the Service Now platform;
- Experience in a similar environment helpful but not required as new thinking, experience and ideas from other industries or work environments are considered a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.