This role provides IT infrastructure engineering, administration, and operations. This role maintains enterprise server infrastructure to ensure proper configuration, availability, performance, capacity, and maintenance (including application of the latest patches and upgrades). This role monitors technology obsolescence, manages upgrades, and evaluates alternatives across on-premises and cloud IT infrastructures, both virtual and physical. This role monitors operations and collects and evaluates metrics to manage IT infrastructure services and for inclusion into project KPIs and Service Level Agreements (SLA). This individual performs risk assessment, risk mitigation analysis, vendor trade studies, and appropriate documentation to ensure IT infrastructure services are available according to established Service Level Agreements (SLA). This role ensures continuity of operations including disaster recovery.
- List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
- This role is responsible for installation, configuration, administration, support, and maintenance of systems, including associated hardware and cloud resources.
- Duties include updating to new technologies, tuning performance, defining storage needs, and prioritizing the implementation of critical system patches.
- This infrastructure includes on-premises and cloud resources.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Experience applying expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
- Experience supporting a broad range of assignments requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Experience developing methodologies and presenting solutions to problems.
- Experience contributing to deliverables and meeting performance metrics.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph
List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.