Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Firewall Engineer to support our DISA customer on their Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS) team in Fort Meade, MD. You must hold an active Secret Clearance to qualify and be eligible to obtain a Top Secret Clearance as required by the program.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing tier 2 and 3 operations support for JRSS network components Implementing, testing and evaluating network architecture upgrades, patching, and STIG'ing network devices and troubleshoot network related issues.
- Supporting the design, development, test, and deployment of the JRSS network devices as required for new or upgraded functionality.
- Developing documentation as required to operationalize new or updated capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8 or more years’ experience; or 6 years’ experience with a related Master’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience implementing, testing and evaluating network security architectures
- Experience patching network devices and implementing STIGs
- Experience with Symantec/Blue Coat ProxySG
- Hands on experience working some or all of the following:
- In-depth protocol analysis with tools such as tcpdump.
- F5 or A10 load balancers
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Palo Alto Panorama
- Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Cisco Security Manager (CSM)
- Site-to-site and/or remote access VPN
- Per contract requirements, U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance is required. In addition, you must be able to successfully obtain up to Top Secret based on requirements from the customer and program.
- DoD 8570 IAT2 certification is required
- Experience with ASR9000 series routers and IOS-XR
- Experience implementing, testing and evaluating network architectures
- Experience patching network devices and STIG'ing
- Hands on experience working with all of the following:
- Cisco MPLS. (Multi Protocol Label Switching)
- BGP routing. (Border Gateway Protocol)
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.