Leidos’ Defense Group has an immediate opening for a talented System Administrator on our ABIS Site Operations Team at the FBI Campus in Clarksburg, West Virginia. This team has a 24 x 7 mission and will require the ability to work shift work, weekends and holidays.
The DODABIS is an information technology system that supports identity superiority by providing the critical capability for warfighters to identify known or suspected terrorists and third country nationals in the course of military operations. DoD ABIS is the authoritative biometrics enterprise system that provides matching, sharing and storing of biometrics data. The capability can receive multi-modal biometrics submissions to include iris, face, palm and finger prints from biometrics collection devices, which will support the warfighter in making, retain, capture, or release decisions. By providing access and responding to requests the system has a direct impact on the availability of critical intelligence information that is of vital interest to DoD and other government agencies.
The roll will include providing technical expertise, support, guidance, and recommendations to design, deploy and support solutions for a primarily virtualized Linux environment. This engineer should be well versed in Red Hat products REL 6, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), and server configuration. Desirable to have knowledge of REL 7, RHV and Ansible.
- Systems documentation, systems performance monitoring, systems availability monitoring and patching.
- Perform in depth independent trouble shooting on the ABIS system, its core software and infrastructure. Expected to resolve outages / failed services independently, or leading a group of more junior technicians in trouble shooting efforts.
- Research and resolve trouble tickets from ABIS users concerning data failures (failure to process) broken scripts / processes and data queries
- Rebuild servers and workstations to meet functionality and cyber requirements.
- Manage and lead projects within the ABIS environment. (Such as: deployment of new image to all workstations, create / manage Active Directory accounts to (to include PKI data) for all ABIS users, etc)
- Perform system vulnerability management and remediation of systems.
- Implement DISA STIGS on applicable systems.
- Experience managing Windows 2010 workstations and Server 2008 thru 2016 using WSUS and SCCM.
- Satellite system management automation to deploy, scale and manage Red Hat infrastructure (REL 6) across physical and virtual environments
- Experience supporting enterprise server hardware (Dell or HP)
- Operate and maintain solutions integrated into the system environment for various Red Hat products such as IdM (Identity Management), Satellite, RHV (Red Hat Virtualization), RHDS (Red Hat Directory Server), Ceph, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services and automation
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 4-8 years of relevant experience
- Active DoD Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance
- Must possess demonstrable expertise in the Linux operating system (the majority of our the new 1.3 System products run on Enterprise Linux, either RHEL or CentOS)
- Must be DOD 8570 certified or obtain required certificates within 60 days of start date.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.