The Leidos Security and Transportation Technology (S&TT) Division currently has an opening for a Director of Global Sales & Marketing in Vista, CA. Leidos designs, manufactures, and maintains an extensive product line of non-intrusive inspection (NII) systems, radiation detection equipment (RDE), and explosives detection systems (EDS). This position will be accountable for worldwide product sales to U.S. Federal customers and international markets in more than 30 countries. This critical role manages account managers, representatives and agents, and distributors, and works closely with Leidos’ government affairs. The successful candidate will be a proven leader and key member of the S&TT division with primary responsibilities for identification, qualification and capture of sales/business development opportunities as well as the generation of qualified pipeline growth necessary to meet or exceed the Division’s forecast and plan. In addition, this individual will plan and recommend Sales/BD and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration and to drive tactical and strategic growth.
- Proactively identify new business opportunities.
- Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budgets, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
- Coordinate and conduct meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Work with program and management team in call plan development and execution and provide detailed reports on follow up activities after plan execution.
- Serve as Capture Manager for selected opportunities, either all the way to award or in the early capture phase.
- Participate as required in the Leidos business development process, including pipeline reviews, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, and proposal reviews.
- Support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline.
- Interact routinely with various levels of management, functional leads, other staff, and customers.
- Brief business development status to senior management when material changes occur and as required by the Leidos business development process.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred in related technical field, and 10+ years in a Sales/Business Development leadership position.
- TSA account management
- Knowledge of screening technologies for Checked Baggage and Checkpoint
- Demonstrated access to key customers and industry partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant BD activities, including building teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans.
- Prior experience supporting business development and capture efforts for one or more agencies within the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Ability to pass TSA suitability background check
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance
- Travel up to 50% domestic and international
- Proficient in Spanish
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.