Leidos is seeking an experienced and motivated Operations Director for a key leadership position within the Varec subsidiary. The position will be focused on running the day-to-day operations of Varec systems integration, production, and continual process improvement of business operations. The position will be responsible for managing industry and supply chain relationships, personnel, systems engineering, manufacturing and the associated cost, schedule, quality, and risk to ensure contract and business requirements and commitments are met. As a member of the leadership team, the position will actively contribute to business development, technical, and financial strategies, annual operating plan development and execution, employee engagement, and be a leading example of the Varec core values.
- Leads the continuous improvement of the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of the company's mission-specifically regarding support safety, quality, delivery, availability, and cost initiatives.
- Manages and increases the effectiveness and efficiency of Systems Integration (SI) and production services through improvements to each function as well as through coordination and communication between operations and other business functions.
- Plans for long-term success through implementation of continuous improvement (e.g., lean manufacturing and Six Sigma) process control.
- Oversees overall production, material demand planning, and systems integration.
- Develops and maintains industry and supply chain relationships and service level agreements.
- Develops individual program budgets. Develops and manages the annual budgets for assigned areas of the business.
- Assists with monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of the company's financial performance against the budget and financial and operational goals. Assists with the short- and long-term financial and managerial reporting.
- Drives initiatives in the management team and organizationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
- Contributes to short- and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team.
- Prepares and presents operational status presentations to executives and other managers.
- Collaborates across departments to lead special projects and fulfill improvement initiatives.
- Executes business operations on behalf of the Varec President as required.
- BA/BS in engineering, management, business administration or related field and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or a Master’s degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Prior leadership experience in the production planning and forecasting and/or oil & gas industry.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in production facilities management, supply chain management, finance, or a related field.
- Supervises supervisory and/or non-supervisory employees.
- Experience interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding, and counseling employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and working with Human Resources on employee issues.
- Certification in lean manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of production processes and manufacturing.
- Familiar with production planning using an MRP.
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business and personnel information.
- Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, drawings, prints and procedure manuals.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence.
- Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; responsible planning work assignments performed by others within area of operation.
- Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
- Proven ability to develop teams and collaborative relationships.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Masters in Engineering or of Business Administration degree
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.