Perform as a Linux Systems Administrator supporting the operations and maintenance, development, and integration of cross domain security solutions and other security technologies in a small team environment.
In this position the candidate will support the system integration of cross domain security solutions and other security technologies in a small team environment. This position will require the candidate to perform across the lifecycle from concept development, design, implementation, integration and deployment by applying diverse skills in systems engineering, system administration, integration, troubleshooting, and system security. In addition, support Operations & Maintenance activities on existing systems. The candidate will have significant direct contact with the immediate customer and the organization’s IT staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related discipline
- Strong Linux administration experience with RHEL, SE Linux, and/or centOS, including:
- Integration with infrastructure services, bare metal builds, create boot images, backup/restore, and perform system hardening.
- Proficiency in installing, hardening, patching, backup and restore of Linux/Unix systems.
- Virtual Environment administration - Installation, configuration, and managements of: Type 1 hypervisors (ESXi, KVM, others), Virtual Machine configurations, and VM Management environment (e.g. Vcenter/Vsphere and associated networking and storage).
- System integration – experience in system integration, test, debug of COTS/GOTS systems.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to integrate new capabilities. The ability to quickly adapt to new system environments and interface with systems.
- An interest in working on a broad range of problems and technology and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work independently and at times as only Leidos representative working directly with customer IT team.
- Follow change management process including creating required change management documentation.
- Strong preference for the candidate to have at least a years’ experience as a Windows or Network Administrator. Specifically, network experience with system integration of physical/virtual servers with routers and firewalls in current data center environments.
- System administration: Windows
- Integration of one or more cross domain products (guards, one-way transfers, multi-level access solutions).
- Integrating with typical IT support infrastructure services: LDAP, Active Directory, Exchange, log archive
- Various security products, security architecture, security assessment tools, and information assurance standards.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 1 certification (SSCP, Network +, or similar certification and actual implementation experience in this domain) is a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.