Successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to apply operational experience and technical knowledge of the Joint Close Air Support (JCAS) mission area while operating as part of a team evaluating Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) training programs and JTAC training simulation systems for compliance with established standards.
Work Location is Norfolk Virginia .
- As a JTAC Standardization Team Member, support 4 – 6 team trips per year. Duration 1 – 2 weeks at various CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- Assist in pre-trip planning and coordination as directed
- During execution, evaluate applicable training curricula, documentation, and procedures as directed
- Draft post evaluation reports that include recommendations regarding initial accreditation or continuing certification as appropriate, based the program’s compliance with Joint Mission Task List and the JTAC Memorandum of Agreement
- Support JTAC Training Simulation System Evaluations to determine if a particular device provides a capability to train JTACs in procedural certification and qualification tasks
- Assist in pre-trip planning, coordination, execution, and post-trip reporting as directed
- Provide necessary knowledge and expertise to support development of JTAC- and JCAS-related issues in the biennial JFS ESC Action Plan
- Support planning, coordination, execution, and production of associated briefings and papers for approximately 10 JFS ESC Meetings per year
- Assist as needed in the execution of the annual JF-JCAS Symposium and JCAS Curriculum Review
- Bachelors Degree and 8 years military experience in Joint Close Air Support or related areas.(Experience can substitute for a degree)
- Current or previously qualified JTAC or FAC(A)
- Staff experience at a Combatant Command, Major Command, or Joint Staff
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Office computer skills
- Expert in JCAS doctrine, tactics, techniques and procedures (e.g., JP 3-09.3, multi-service TTP -- JFIRE, BREVITY, SCAR, KILLBOX)
- Current or previously qualified JTAC or FAC(A) (schoolhouse or unit instructor)
- Staff planning experience including interoperability, joint and combined warfare
- Experience with execution and monitoring of military operations
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Policy Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.