Leidos is looking for a Senior Security Engineer who is versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across mission critical exploitation capabilities as we continue to push the technology forward. As Security Engineer in the National Solutions Intelligence Group, you will join a functional team of accomplished software developers and engineers that deliver quality solutions to address the toughest national security challenges. You will work closely with other software engineers, and the system users to create and deploy applications that help the customer make actionable, data-driven decisions. Candidates should have the ability and the willingness to tailor applications to a client’s specific business goals.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to performing the software systems development function, including the design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs for software enhancements and new software-intensive systems and products. Duties include software requirements analysis, development of software products and software tools used for design, development and maintenance of infrastructure, and platforms. Determines hardware compatibility. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Develops technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution. Develops solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge
- An active TS
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related) recommended however not required or equivalent practical experience and at least 4 years of experience in the follow areas:
- Computer/Senior Security Engineers who will research, identify, design and implement solutions as well as perform computer and/or network security vulnerability assessments and scans to identify, evaluate and mitigate security risks, threats and vulnerabilities for unclassified and classified environments.
- Individuals must have a minimum of six (6) years experience in network, server and application security
- Individuals must have a minimum of five (5) years experience securing large-scale, commercial and/or Fortune 500 environments
- Individuals must have a minimum of five (5) years experience in infrastructure or application level vulnerability testing and auditing
- Individuals must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience with development team(s) that delivered commercial software or software-based services
- Individuals with a minimum of 4+ years working experience in the following areas:
- Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, SSH, routing protocols)
- Experience in designing secure network architectures, virtualization technologies, database platforms, identity and access management principles, application security, encryption
- technologies, DNS, SOA and web applications
- Experience and expertise with ethical hacking, firewall and intrusion detection/prevention technologies, secure coding practices and threat modeling
- Must have solid working experience and knowledge of Windows and Unix/Linux operating
- Investigate opportunities to update security system capabilities to sustain and enhance network and system security integrity
- Have the ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment where priorities change rapidly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong scripting skills and proficiency with the following scripting languages strongly preferred: Shell, Python, Ruby
- Ensure timely proactive identification and reporting of security gaps and vulnerabilities to the network infrastructure and work with other members of the team to resolve security issues
- Experience with network device IOS installation, configuration and backup and restoration
- Experience with network and system auditing and security assessment techniques
- Provide advanced application level support for the resolution of security system faults
- Detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, including penetration testing and the development of exploits
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.