Leidos is looking for a System Engineer who is versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across mission critical exploitation capabilities as we continue to push the technology forward. As a system engineer in the National Solutions Intelligence Group, you will join a functional team of accomplished software developers and engineers that deliver quality solutions to address the toughest national security challenges. You will work closely with other software engineers, and the system users to create and deploy applications that help the customer make actionable, data-driven decisions. Candidates should have the ability and the willingness to tailor applications to a client’s specific business goals.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to providing technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding. Evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems. Duties include performing systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance. Develops technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution. Develops solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge of the subject.
- An active TS
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related) recommended however not required or equivalent practical experience and at least 4 years of experience in the follow areas:
- in systems engineering
- in all three areas of development, integration and production environments
- The candidate shall have a minimum of 4 years working experience in the following areas:
- Ability to install, configure and maintain internal networks, file servers, email servers, application server, print servers, workstations and storage devices
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve network problems
- Ability to administer system security and perform security checks Monitor and verify availability of existing systems
- Assist in evaluating and maintaining present and future hardware and software needs for Unit
- Stay current with newest technologies
- Experience administering and configuring with Windows, Unix, Linux and Macintosh operating systems
- Experience administering and configuring Cisco and Juniper network devices
- Experience administering and configuring blade server technology
- Experience administering and configuring NAS and SAN storage
- Experience with cloud computing and virtual machine environments
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of a broad range of computing technologies and providing innovative solutions to complex problems
- Must have excellent communication and written skills
- Ability to understand functional and technical specifications for new products
- Work well under pressure, can meet tight deadlines and is committed to work as and when required to complete projects
Shell scripting (sh, ksh, bash): can be any of one (1) of these, but preferably all three
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.