We are seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Project Administrative Assistant supporting our government customer in their state of the art facility in Chantilly, VA. Let us know you are interested in knowing more and our Talent Acquisition team will connect you with your PERFECT position. APPLY TODAY to learn more Leidos opportunities.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
The Project Engineer will support the ITEMS UFS PMO and be responsible for supporting the Program Management office to ensure that the PMO team delivers all contractual responsibilities outlined in the PWS for procurement, software, and maintenance execution. This person will support the Program Manager directly. The individual will be part of the proposal and review process for all Task Orders updates and changes. They will be responsible to ensure that all Procurement, IT Services, Maintenance Agreements are executed timely, accurately, within budget, and within the desired timeframe. They will also provide recommendations based on experience, lessons learned, and/or changes industry standards. They will review all budget requests to the customer and provide analysis on the plan verses actual to the government on a weekly basis. Once the task order, CRQ, or SCORE card are on contract, they are responsible to ensure that procurement activities are executed, tracked, and delivered timely.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Cost Account Management of all material procurement for the customer. This includes managing budgets by reviewing and approving cost deltas, compiling data from multiple internal and external resources, and tracking and reporting current run rates on a weekly basis. The average amount this person would be responsible for is $20M.
- Skills in data management tools such as Microsoft Excel or Access is a must as data will be fed from Finance and Share Services to be compiled in a program managed format for budgeting purposes
- The individual must maintain the complex and robust excel file by updating the formulas and ensuring that all necessary updates are pulled from the Contract Repository, Procurement Repository, and Project Execution repository
- Excel formulas will need to be reviewed and updated as any data, formatting, or reporting changes
- Cost data will be reviewed and monitored
- The output is a weekly and month financial review of all of the SLINS/CLINS and recommendation on the next steps (when required). This invidual will need to compile the data, provide recommendation, and out brief it to the PM and Government Program Management office and Contracting office.
- Coordinating all IT hardware purchases with Leidos Corporate Shared Services, compile procurement execution metrics, provide analysis and identify areas for improvement. Procurement execution metrics include, but are not limited to, monitoring the amount of time IT hardware purchase requests sit in each step of the process, and facilitating in pushing forward purchase requests that have stagnated. The successful candidate will provide recommendation to senior management on strategies to reduce the overall metrics and provide weekly update to the external customer.
- Overseeing and monitoring the use of the PROVM Database by:
- Training the project managers with procurement and tracking of IT hardware assets utilizing the central tracking database, ProVM.
- Review and Run reports and quality control checks in the inventory tool that the warehouse team enters into ProVM for accuracy (QC Data checks)
- Train new users on how to use ProVM
- Coordinate with Leidos Shared Services and Program project managers to close out requirement changes as necessary via phone and email.
- Brief the Government Program Office on status of projects, procurement activities, and costs data as required. Weekly presentations included analysis if the data to highlights trends, process improvements, issues, and recommendation to the government for each CLIN/SLIN
- Ad hoc admin duties as needed assigned by the Program Management Office, defined by the manager when they arise. Because ad hoc duties occur frequently, a successful candidate needs to be flexible and open to taking on tasks outside their wheelhouse to support teams across the program.
- Act in a leadership role when reviewing and approving all purchases from the Asset Management Team. Provide coaching and feedback for inaccurate data
- Lead, Train, and monitor the outputs level 1’s and 2’s that support the PMO team; provide feedback and coaching where necessary
The successful candidate will be:
- Flexible with assignments
- Ensure all action items are closed timely and accurately, and be willing to learn every day.
- Be open to short term ad hoc admin assignments as assigned by direct management, provide correct status of open action items, and close action items timely.
- TS/SCI REQUIRED
- Strong data management skills in tools such as Microsoft Excel and Access
- Data Analysis or the ability to find trends, issues, and process improvements
- Be creative, flexible, and a team player
- Organization is key in this role as individuals are responsible for tracking open action items, and reporting them daily to the team lead
- Familiarity with CostPoint is desired but not required
Education & Experience:
Requires a BA degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
"Referral Bonus Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.