Be part of the winning Leidos team and use your valued experience to support the Integrated Base Defense Sustainment Support (IBD-SS). The Defense Group at Leidos has a contingent opening for an Information Assurance Security, Senior Lead to work at Fort Belvoir, Virginia and surrounding Leidos offices.
Daily duties include leading all information assurance/security activities in support of the IBD systems. Responsible for leading/development of systems engineering deliverables related to information assurance and security. Leads efforts to develop software defect reports, failure summary and analysis reports, and test plans. Interacts with system users to translate their requirements into systems, hardware, and software requirements and design. Participates in the development of test strategies. Solves information assurance and security problems (or managing the solution of problems) in the functional area to which assigned. Analyzes and resolves INFOSEC technical problems.
Configures testbeds and conducts testing, records and analyzes results, and provides recommendations for improvements for the products/systems under test. Areas of focus include Guard, Firewall, Secure Network Server, PCMCIA format security solutions, "Smart Cards", and emerging technologies and future trends. Supports the integration of INFOSEC solutions and technologies into networks with particular attention to protocols, interfaces, and system design. General experience includes system engineering; electrical design, software engineering; program design and implementation; configuration management; or maintenance. Must have knowledge of TCP/IP, information security/authorization profiles, or security administration of Unix or NT network/systems. Must have knowledge of Government security policies and familiarity with security-related technologies and auditing tools. Must be capable of providing security engineering analysis on a variety of information systems.
- Active Secret security clearance required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of relevant experience. 10 years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
- Must be capable of developing security accreditation/certification documentation, and creating and maintaining security policy and procedures.
- Must be capable of performing security certification engineering analysis, vulnerability assessments, and risk assessments.
- Must be capable of designing and configuring security tools.
- Must be capable of developing test procedures, establishing test environments, executing security certification test/demonstrations/evaluations, documenting results, and developing reports, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Must be capable of conceptualizing and implementing security systems and architectures.
- This is a Senior/Lead position with commensurate experience required.
- Relevant and recent systems engineering IBD experience.
- Experience in heterogeneous computer networking technology and work in protocol and/or interface standards specification is preferred.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.