Leidos is looking for a mid-level Software Developer who is versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across mission critical exploitation capabilities as we continue to push the technology forward. As a software developer in the National Solutions Intelligence Group, you will join a functional team of accomplished software developers that deliver quality solutions to address the toughest national security challenges. You will work closely with other software engineers, and the system users to create and deploy applications that help the customer make actionable, data-driven decisions. Candidates should have the ability and the willingness to tailor applications to a client’s specific business goals.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
Duties include but are not limited to writing and maintaining source code, creating and maintaining software applications and applying frameworks involved in a software release. This includes computer programming, documenting, managing configuration, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications and frameworks involved in a software release life cycle and resulting in a software product. Expertise in one or more programming language is required. As part of the software team the candidate has the ability of influencing decisions regarding development of solutions, designs, processes, and approaches to complete the customers’ solutions to complex technical issues.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related) recommended however not required or equivalent practical experience and at least 4 years of experience in the follow areas:
- in software development
- in technical writing and presentation
- in the areas of development, integration and production deployment
- The candidate shall have a minimum of 4 years working experience in the following areas:
- Experience in lifecycle development of software systems using agile methodologies
- Experience in cloud computing
- Experience in Python
- Experience in noSQL and relational databases
- Experience in web application development
- Experience in multiple markup languages
- Experience in working with multiple operating systems (Windows and UNIX)
- Experience in shell scripting (sh, ksh, bash: can be any of one (1) of these, but preferably all three (3))
- Experience in researching and tracking flaws
- Experience in designing and building proof of concept prototype solutions in a fast paced collaborative environment often with little to no user requirements
- Must have excellent communication and written skills
- Ability to understand functional and technical specifications for new products
- Work well under pressure, can meet tight deadlines, and is committed to work as and when required to complete projects
- Active TS
- XML, JSON, AJAX
- C#, .Net and/or C++
- Write complex queries using SQL and/or noSQL statements
- Rudimentary understanding of networking for programming over HTTP and/or TCP calls
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.