The Defense group of Leidos has an opening for a Projects Manager II to be based in Colorado Springs, CO.
Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Projects Manager II will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
This position will report directly to the Projects Lead, with regular interaction with the Program Manager and government POC.
- Perform the following tasks for each O&M project: a. Service Design tasks, b. Service Transition tasks – Release and Deployment Management, Service Validation and Test, Early Life Support; and c. Service Operations and Stability tasks
- Deliver the following products for each O&M project, unless not requested by the Government: a. Service Package; b. Project Management Plan; c. Project Status Reports; d. Service Design Packages; e. Release and Deployment Packages; f. Change Requests; g. Service Validation and Test Plans; h. Early Life Support Plan; i. Project Closure Report and j. RMF Packages
- Provide the Government proposed sustainment costs and impacts for the new or changed services using the Service Package output specification
- Provide an overarching Integrated Project Plan that contains sufficient technical detail to enable the Government to discern dependencies and risks associated with implementing multiple IT projects at the same time
- Bachelor's Degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years or prior relevant experience
- Possess PMP certification prior to start date
- 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
- Broad-based systems engineering background and experience managing technical support services for an overseas contract in a Service Level Agreement (SLA) environment
- Understanding of applications and network systems similar to those in use at NORAD/NORTHCOM
- Experience in a quality assurance environment that includes, customer satisfaction tracking and continuous service improvement
- Demonstrated ability implementing and tracking key performance indicators (KPIs)
- ITIL Foundations certification
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Experience with platforms: Directory Services; PKI, Client and Server Operating Systems
- Experience with messaging: Exchange, LYNC, SMEPED, Mobile Devices
- Experience with storage solutions: SAN, SQL, Backup, Virtualization
- Experience with network security/monitoring: SCOM, SCCM, SPECTRUM, Imaging, updates, Deployment, Circuit Status, SolarWinds
- Experience with portal: IIS, TMT, SharePoint, IE
- Experience with situational awareness tools/products: COP, GCCS-J
- Experience with networking: Routing/Switching/Firewalls/VOIP
- Experience with SATCOM products: Tactical Satellite, all relevant bands (Ka, Ku, C, X)
- ITIL Practitioner or Expert Certification
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
- Familiarization of DOD regulations and directives
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.