Leidos Corporate Internal Audit Department is seeking a Director, IT Audits located in Reston-VA.
The Director, IT Audits is a key leadership position in the Internal Audit Department and is responsible for IT Audit activities including IT risk assessment, development of a risk-based IT audit plan, and planning and executing IT and IT SOX audits. This position reports to the Chief Audit Executive and requires a close working relationship with the Chief Information Officer (CIO) organization, the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) organization, and Business Groups. The Director of IT Audits is expected to lead and direct IT Audits, SOX IT Audits and IT Advisory projects. Leadership skills, critical thinking, building strong relationships with management, ability to train IT audit staff, and excellent communication skills are paramount to succeed in this role.
This position requires 10% domestic and international travel.
- Assist the Chief Audit Executive with the development and maintenance of the IT audit plan.
- Plan and direct audit coverage of core IT disciplines (e.g., infrastructure, computer operations, cloud, IT service management, cyber, third party, project management, IT data governance/protection) and emerging technology risk
- Assist in the preparation of the IT audit planning memoranda, execution and reporting of IT audits and IT advisory projects that are issued to Senior Management
- Lead the advancement of data analytics and robotics process automation to automate tasks, expand audit coverage and increase Internal Audit Department efficiency
- Facilitate working with internal stakeholders (client management), CIO, CISO, Government Compliance, Enterprise Risk Management Teams, as well as External Auditors
- Accomplish objectives, be self-motivated and demonstrate leadership qualities
- Maintain direct supervision of a team of IT audit staff and third party contractors, assign work, review work and undertake performance reviews
- Direct, coach, train and professionally grow IT audit staff
- Interview, hire and train IT audit staff
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related Information Technology disciplines from an accredited university and 12+ years of prior experience in Information Technology audit
- 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
- Skilled in executing technology risk assessments demonstrating strong knowledge and industry best practices/ frameworks (COBIT 2019, ISO 27001, NIST Standards, CMMC, etc.) relating to IT processes such as cyber/information security and/or technical privacy, technical resiliency/business continuity, incident/problem management, data management, configuration/change management, and systems development/deployment (SDLC), as well as technology platforms and solutions
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley Act including control design and operating effectiveness, ITGC’s and Application Controls
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience in dealing with Executive Management
- Excellent project management, organizational, and strategic and innovative critical thinking skills
- US Citizenship is required
- Prior experience in a Corporate Internal Audit
- “Big4” or top regional CPA firms experience
- Experience working on Government Contracting engagements
- Professional certifications, e.g., CISA, CISSP, and CISM
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Internal Audit
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.