The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Big Data Developer in Windsor Mill, MD.
The selected candidate will develop Hadoop queries and presentations to answer executive level inquiries.
Other key responsibilities may include:
- Propose best practice/standards;
- Testing prototypes and overseeing the handover to operational teams;
- Analyze, evaluate, and assess quantitative data (using statistical software, computer models, geospatial models, software languages, and mathematical models) to contribute to or develop software tools, analytic models, or reports.
Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Analytics, Operations Research, Mathematics or similar field and 4 years of relevant experience, or Master’s degree in the same fields with 2 years of relevant experience.
- 4+ years Hadoop development and implementation, including developing Hadoop search queries.
- Demonstrated hands on experience using Hive, Pig, Sqoop, MapReduce, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting Hadoop.
- Experience creating scalable and high-performance web services for data tracking.
- Hands-on experience managing and deploying HBase.
- Demonstrated experience with large data sets and technical data.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Federal Government Experience
- Experience with IBM Counter Fraud Management and Improper Payments
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.