Leidos Defense Group currently has an opening for a Functional Analyst to provide operational support to the Global Operations Center (GOC) and USTRANSCOM component commands in support of the Integrated Data Environment (IDE) and Global Transportation Network (GTN) Convergence (IGC) operation. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IGC program.
The GOC is the logistics command center for the DoD within Scott Air Force Base. IGC is USTRANSCOM’s System of Record for In-Transit Visibility (ITV) and Asset Visibility (AV). The IGC Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) is a data repository of integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain data that provides end-to-end visibility from requisition to delivery in theatre. Users include the Combatant Commands, Services, DOD, and other federal agencies.
The GOC liaison shall perform operations support within the GOC during normal duty hours (Monday – Friday; 7:30am – 4:30pm) and after hours on-call support. On-call support will be used to address urgent operational needs and provide contingency support for real world operations to assist GOC personnel in meeting mission requirements. The GOC operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year, but the GOC liaison is not required on weekends and federal holidays. All work will be performed at Scott Air Force Base, IL.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support GOC personnel in the use of IGC including, but not limited to:
- Run complicated data queries
- Interpret IGC query results and documentation
- Answer questions regarding IGC data and the business rules used to integrate IGC data
- Review USTRANSCOM-related IGC inputs/displays and provide feedback to the GOC.
- Monitor user satisfaction in the GOC and provide feedback to the Leidos team.
- Assist with IGC maintenance in support of the GOC.
- Collaborate with system engineering to develop functional requirements meeting end-user needs.
- Develop functional scenarios to support system level testing.
- Specify/define reports and dashboards meeting functional transportation and supply requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8-12 years , OR Master's Degree and 6-10 years , or work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must hold an active Secret Clearance
- Must hold current Security+ CE Certification or a DOD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification for IAT Level I or Level II (https://iase.disa.mil/iawip/pages/iabaseline.aspx)
- Full knowledge of defense transportation industry and Department of Defense logistics practices.
- Knowledge/Understanding of DoD Manifesting and In-transit Visibility Systems and the Department of Defense Transportation System (DTS). i.e. Cargo Movement Operations System (CMOS), Global Air Transportation Execution System (GATES), Global Decision Support System (GDSS), Joint Operational Planning Execution System (JOPES), and GATES Water.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with users and USTRANSCOM leadership
- Proficiency with the following: Running Business Objects reports, buiilding and executing Business Objects ad-hoc queries, summarizing query results in reports or presentations using Microsoft Word/PowerPoint
• Experience with IGC
• Experience constructing and executing SQL queries against Teradata and Oracle
• Familiarity with Unix
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.