Leidos is seeking a senior Cyber Network Defense (CND) Tools Subject Matter Expert (SME) to perform technical work as part of an integrated team of CND SMEs supporting the DoD’s JRSS (Joint Regional Security Stack) deployment activities. JRSS is a multi-year, global effort to improve the DoD’s security posture and provide enhanced security capabilities and analytics by centralizing and virtualizing network security into regional stacks rather than locally distributed appliances.
As the CND Tools SME, you are responsible for providing configuration, implementation, configuration and ongoing performance enhancement work for CND tools including: Firepower, Fidelis, Corelight, TippingPoint, and Niksun installed in the JRSS environment. Candidate does not need to be an expert in all tools but should have significant experience with several and a general understanding of most.
What You Will Do:
- Install and configure CND tools
- Integrate the tool for enterprise data collection to include capacity monitoring.
- Configure the tools to work with Syslog, File and Database collection of events.
- Create and edit content to both monitor and alert on security incidents.
- Provide guidance to both internal and external Customer issues and supporting tickets.
- Monitor the tool’s health and performance.
- Tune system parameters to enhance/improve system performance.
- Provide Tier 2/3 troubleshooting for tool issues, either within the tool or as part of an integrated team of professionals addressing larger issues
- Assist other JRSS teams that perform life cycle O&M on the tools by acting as tool expert
- Provide “on the job training” to less experienced JRSS, DISA or DoD Services’ team members
- Act as the senior subject matter expert on tools for interactions with other teams
Who You Will Work With:
You are part of a multi-disciplinary team that supports the active and passive Computer Network Defense (CND) tools deployed in stacks. You must be able to integrate with other technical teams, with DISA personnel, with vendor technical support personnel, and with technical representatives from DoD services, working as part of an integrated, cross-platform team that provides CND capability, and military base/post/camp/station migration support services DoD-wide as the JRSS stacks are deployed and used.
What You Need To Be Successful in This Position:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 12 or more years’ experience; or 10 years’ experience with a related Master’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP communications.
- General knowledge of router and firewall functionality on a network.
- Familiarity with the MS Office tool suite.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to appropriately present highly technical material to both technical and non-technical audiences
- U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance is required. In addition, must be able to successfully obtain up to Top Secret based on requirements from the customer and program.
- DoD 8570 IAT2 certification is required
- Significant experience with one or more of the CND tools in the JRSS cyber suite:
- Firepower (formerly known as SourceFire)
Even Better if You Have:
- Prior experience as a network intrusion analyst or Security Operations Center analyst.
- Experience configuring and maintaining tools in a multi-tenant environment
- At Leidos, culture in not just what we do—it’s how we do it. Our people, our environment and our values make all the difference.
- People: Our 33,000 employees help define who we are and what we stand for as a business. We have smart, friendly employees who are committed to working collaboratively to serve our customers. With diverse and complementary skillsets, backgrounds and experiences we take pride in our work, and in wearing our purple.
- Environment: We have an inclusive and engaged work environment that is fast-paced, casual and highly flexible. We work where and when is required to get the job done, in keeping with project and customer requirements. Our work environments are certainly not hierarchical, so is talking to your boss’ boss is encouraged.
- Values: What we believe is the foundation of everything we do. We have strong values—integrity, innovation, agility, collaboration and commitment—that are a way of life. It simply comes down to this: we believe in doing the right thing always, for each other, our customers, and our stakeholders.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.