Leidos is seeking a Cyber Network Defense (CND) Elasticsearch, Log stash, and Kibana (ELK) Engineer/Subject Matter Expert (SME) to perform technical work as part of an integrated team of CND SMEs supporting the DoD’s JRSS (Joint Regional Security Stack) deployment activities. JRSS is a multi-year, global effort to improve the DoD’s security posture and provide enhanced security capabilities and analytics by centralizing and virtualizing network security into regional stacks rather than locally distributed appliances.
As the ELK SME, you are responsible for providing configuration, implementation, configuration and ongoing performance enhancement work for ELK in the JRSS environment.
What You Will Do:
- Resolve installation, infrastructure, and system issues, as well as log ingestion and communication issues
- Provide Tier III support to O&M staff handling trouble tickets or other issues
- Create Kibana visualizations and dashboards to provide information to users and support staff
- Use Elastic watcher efficiently and support its integration with other systems
- Support and troubleshoot message queuing, parsing and mapping with logstash
Who You Will Work With:
You are part of a multi-disciplinary team that supports the active and passive Computer Network Defense (CND) tools deployed in stacks. You must be able to integrate with other technical teams, with DISA personnel, with vendor technical support personnel, and with technical representatives from DoD services, working as part of an integrated, cross-platform team that provides CND capability, and military base/post/camp/station migration support services DoD-wide as the JRSS stacks are deployed and used.
What You Need To Be Successful in This Position:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 12 or more years’ experience; or 10 years’ experience with a related Master’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Well versed in TCP/IP communications
- Have a general knowledge of router and firewall functionality on a network
- Have experience with elastic common schema and scaling of Elastic to support new log types
- Have excellent skills with
- Ansible or Python scripting,
- Linux CENTOS/ Red Hat operating system commands,
- File data storage, indexing, and searching via Elasticsearch
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and be able to appropriately present highly technical material to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Per contract requirements, U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Top Secret clearance is required.
- DoD 8570 IAT2 certification
Even Better if You Have:
- Experience configuring and maintaining the tool in a multi-tenant environment
- Experience with one or more of the following CND tools:
- Streamsets or other log manipulation/parsing tools
- At Leidos, culture in not just what we do—it’s how we do it. Our people, our environment and our values make all the difference.
- People: Our 33,000 employees help define who we are and what we stand for as a business. We have smart, friendly employees who are committed to working collaboratively to serve our customers. With diverse and complementary skillsets, backgrounds and experiences we take pride in our work, and in wearing our purple.
- Environment: We have an inclusive and engaged work environment that is fast-paced, casual and highly flexible. We work where and when is required to get the job done, in keeping with project and customer requirements. Our work environments are certainly not hierarchical, so is talking to your boss’ boss is encouraged.
- Values: What we believe is the foundation of everything we do. We have strong values—integrity, innovation, agility, collaboration and commitment—that are a way of life. It simply comes down to this: we believe in doing the right thing always, for each other, our customers, and our stakeholders.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.