Leidos Defense Group currently has an opening for a Trainer to provide Integrated Data Environment (IDE) and Global Transportation Network (GTN) Convergence (IGC) user training via on-line, on-site, and local classroom instruction. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IGC program.
IGC is USTRANSCOM’s System of Record for In-Transit Visibility (ITV) and Asset Visibility (AV). The IGC Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) is a data repository of integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain data that provides end-to-end visibility from requisition to delivery in theatre. Users include the Combatant Commands, Services, DOD, and other federal agencies. The work will be performed out of Scott Air Force Base, IL with some required travel throughout the year.
The Trainer will provide IGC user training via on-line, on-site, and local classroom instruction. The primary method for delivering user training shall be online; but the Trainer will also provide quarterly user training via classroom instruction at SAFB and on-site at other locations as required by the Government.
TRAVEL: Anticipated on-site training locations include, but are not limited to, the following locations: Norfolk, VA; Albany, GA; DLA Headquarters, VA; Fort Lee, VA; Fort Belvoir, VA; Camp Lejeune, NC; Low Alamitos, CA; and one OCONUS location per year.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Prepare a training curriculum and training materials. Revise training materials, as needed, when new capabilities are released to ensure training materials are up-to-date.
• Teach, plan, develop, and implement IGC classroom training that consists of a full day presentation and hands-on tutorial.
• Teach, plan, develop, and implement IGC application-level training to include hands-on training in the areas of tracking air, sea, rail, and convoy missions.
• Obtain information from customer and technical organizations, engineering, software and product requirements to prepare training programs.
• Develop criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities and document in a student feedback form.
• Solicit student feedback via the feedback form to assess the trainer, materials, and overall quality of training for each training class.
• Solicit student recommendations on possible enhancements/improvement to the functionality of the system via the feedback form.
• Monitor user satisfaction in IGC and provide feedback to the Leidos team.
• Prepare a monthly Training Statistics Report that summarizes training provided to each user organization, a summary of student feedback, and copies of each student feedback form.
• Submit trip reports.
• May be required to support other project managers and engineering managers as a subject matter expert providing functional expertise with other logistics and supply chain management issues.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, 5 years of prior relevant experience
• Must hold an Active Secret Clearance
• 25% Travel, CONUS and OCONUS Required
• 10 years' DOD Transportation experience, preferably DOD instructor background.
• Full knowledge of defense transportation industry and Department of Defense logistics practices.
• Knowledge/Understanding of DoD Manifesting and In-transit Visibility Systems and the Department of Defense Transportation System (DTS). i.e. Cargo Movement Operations System (CMOS), Global Air Transportation Execution System (GATES), Global Decision Support System (GDSS), Joint Operational Planning Execution System (JOPES), and GATES Water.
• Must be able to communicate well with customers and coordinate specific training and briefing activities.
Proficiency with the Following:
• Ability to create and maintain the training curriculum, materials, and surveys using Microsoft Office (i.e. PowerPoint, Word)
List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
Knowledgeable and/or Experience with the following:
• Ability to run Business Objects reports and ad-hoc queries
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.