The successful candidate shall work as a Material Handler for a production and integration facility supporting DoD customers. The candidate shall be responsible for performing a wide array of warehouse jobs. Duties include: support incoming receipt and inspection; stock inventoried materials on shelves; pick materials for production orders and deliver to assigned POCs; perform cycle counts and assist in reconciling discrepancies; setup and connect IT equipment for remote configuring; coordinate large (pallet) shipments of materials through receiving and distribution phases; support inventory management of company-owned, government-owned, and customer-owned assets; package and ship products; and assist other warehousing tasks as assigned.
The candidate shall be required to effectively interface with all levels of internal staff including engineering, program management, procurement, and external suppliers.
Requirements (Education /Years of Experience/Skill Sets – both technical & soft skill):
- High School Diploma and a minimum of 2 years of experience
- Strong communication and analytical skills required.
- Ability to manage multiple activities in parallel.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet strict deadlines.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Ability work through issues with all levels of team members
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Excel.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, to stand for prolonged periods, and to climb ladders to pull inventory from shelves.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Active Secret Secuirty Clearance
- Experience in a hardware production environment.
- Familiarity with MRP systems, preferably Costpoint.
- Foundational understanding of ISO, Quality Assurance, and Configuration Management practices.
- Proactive approach to solving problems.
- Understanding of Electrostatic Display (ESD), and materials protection.
- Understanding of Government DD Forms
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Material Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.