Leidos is seeking a Lead Architect to support AFRL on-site (at WPAFB) as a Chief Engineer. This critical role will be on the cutting edge front of collaborative mission-driven autonomous systems. This is a very intriguing role and a great opportunity to be the leader on an innovative AF initiative.
Skills and capabilities that would qualify; responsibilities we are seeking:
- Architect and Engineer AF ISR Systems and operations, ranging from unmanned aerial systems to sensors, avionics, communication systems and processing systems operating in military environments
- Ability to manage USG-owned simulation environment/systems integration laboratory (SIL)
- Responsible for overseeing various working teams/groups with ability to see the synergistic bigger-picture of the teams inner and outer-dependencies.
- Manage, guide and oversee agile process-based teams
- Develop test plans, procedures, and execution of laboratory and flight tests. These tests would range from in SIL tests to expansive exercise flight tests (we expect to have a dedicated test manager on the program to lead this effort)
- Implement a Configuration Management/Data Management capability
- Develop and maintain production and maintenance of system hardware and software documentation, including as-built documentation, capacity/performance plans, as well as all other areas of system life-cycle planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering/science field and 12+ years of experience
- Knowledge of Air Force ISR systems and operations, ranging from unmanned aerial systems to sensors, avionics, communication systems, and processing systems operating in military environments
- Knowledge of MBE, including MBSE tools and versed in Formal Systems/Software Engineering (DoDAF) canon (requirements analysis, design, implementation, etc.) as well as Digital Engineering, including Digital Twin and Digital Thread
- Knowledge of the difference between a framework, an architecture, and a design based on prior work experience
- Active Secret clearance required, therefore US Citizenship is required
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.