Leidos is seeking a Flight Safety Engineer to support research and test activities in support of AFRL.
- Coordinates and integrates system and test safety, ground safety, explosive safety, bioengineering support and other requirements for all activities.
- Develops test safety guidance and trains project managers and engineers in the various safety processes.
- Determines and recommends levels of risk associated with R&D programs to leadership and management.
- Provides professional safety engineering and consultation services to project managers, engineers and scientists.
- Evaluates all projects and determines the level of safety review required.
- Reviews and inspects facilities, systems and hardware designs for adequate safety and health controls. Identifies and performs hazard analyses, and recommends controls to eliminate, reduce, and/or control hazards.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of related experience.
- Individual has experience in managing the test safety review process (TSRP) of research and test activities to include: leading a diverse team to integrate occupational safety and health (OSH) processes for solving complex issues, actively developing and applying safety engineering techniques to reduce/resolve unacceptable test risk and demonstrating initiative and resourcefulness in approaching solutions to unique user requirements.
- Secret clearance is required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Aerospace Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.