Leidos is preparing to help the Air Force solve some of their most challenging problems by providing fast paced innovative development planning and experimentation campaigns to research solutions across the entire space of doctrine, organization, training, material, leadership & education, personnel, facilities and policy (DOTMLPF-P). Work in our state of the art highly collaborative environment will include operational and systems analysis via modeling, simulation, table top exercises, war games, red team analysis, prototyping, experimentation, and demonstration. Alternative solutions for technical and mission areas such as autonomy, position, navigation and timing (PNT), cockpit situational awareness, personnel recovery, adaptive basing, counter directed energy weapons, ISR, and electronic warfare/electronic spectrum, will be evaluated. These evaluations will inform AF leaders where to make force changes and apply their limited resources to fill known capability gaps. The selected systems engineers will support these exciting efforts by applying systems engineering principles in the definition and execution of experiment campaigns and the analysis and development of material and non-material solutions.
• Analyze, identify, and characterize requirements and capability gaps for various AF concepts and missions
• Develop and analyze concepts to bridge capability gaps and synthesize into concept architectures and descriptions to consider for further analysis and experimentation
• Work collaboratively with the customer identify technologies and concepts across the solution space that hold promise in addressing high priority US Air Force needs
• Develop technical program and specific experiment campaign plans and engage with multifaceted teams to execute the campaigns.
• Evaluate solution alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for the total system
• Perform technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance as needed to support to effort
• Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree from accredited institutions in information systems, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, math, physics, statistics or related field, with 10+ years of experience
• Three or more years of experience with DoD customers in the areas of computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, test engineering, electronic warfare engineering, and systems engineering.
• Secret clearance is required.
• PhD in relevant technical domain
• CSEP Certification
• Experience with Air Force Operations Research/Systems Analysis
• Experience in modeling and simulation technologies and principles
• Software integration experience
• Ability to lead small teams of staff with diverse technical disciplines
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.