Leidos is seeking a Modeling, Simulation & Analysis Lead to perform functions as a Software Engineer to support AFRL in Dayton, Ohio.
• Support the planning and execution of experiment campaigns thru modeling, simulation and analysis
• Perform design, development, evaluation, and analysis in such areas as: distributed simulation, object-oriented simulation, model validation and verification, and simulation and model development
• Design, implement, and integrate MS&A tool sets to support trade space studies evaluating warfighter capabilities, differing solution designs, program recommendations, and overall capability performance
• Assess the application of commercially or Government-owned and available analytical tools capabilities and utilize when appropriate.
• Develop new MS&A capabilities as needed across the DOTMLPF-P spectrum
• Explore the use of domain models as a primary means of information exchange within the team.
• BS degree with 12+ years of work experience in the modeling, simulation and analysis field or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
• A working knowledge of MS&A concepts, techniques, and methodologies such distributed simulation, object-oriented simulation, model validation and verification
• Proven ability to develop and integrate existing modeling and simulation tools and develop new tools as necessary for given analysis requirements
• Relevant experience developing software in various languages.
• Strong working knowledge of tools and libraries available for various operating system, and be familiar with sound software engineering principles and methodologies.
• Ability to communicate well with internal and client project team members.
• Must possess an active Secret clearance.
• Doctorate degree in relevant technical domain
• Current Secret or higher security clearance
• Working experience with systems engineering development methods
• Experience in Operations and Systems Analysis
• Ability to lead small teams of staff with diverse technical disciplines
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.