Leidos is seeking Mid-Level Software Engineers experienced with AFSIM or Modeling & Simulation. AFSIM is a U.S. Air Force simulation environment written in C++ and utilized for engagement-level and mission-level analysis by military operations research analysts to evaluate combat effectiveness of advanced weapon system concepts. AFSIM is a Monte Carlo simulation tool which may be run either constructively to generate analytic results, or in real-time to support Operator in the Loop (OITL) Experimentation and Wargaming needs. AFSIM is now becoming accepted as a standard operations analysis tool across DoD and industry.
- Develop next generation AFSIM-based OITL simulation environment for analysts and warfighters.
- Improve the AFSIM Integrated Development Environment (IDE), which provides a user interface to AFSIM for scenario generation, model execution, and results visualization.
- Utilize visualization tools with Qt for GUI controls and Open GL and Open Scene Graph (OSG) for graphics.
- Perform research in Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques as applied to military tactics and human behavior representations.
- Ongoing development of physics-based representations of aerospace vehicles, weapon systems, sensors (including tracking and fusion capabilities), Electronic Warfare (EW) techniques, cyber effects, and communication systems.
- Develop C++ simulation software, including mathematical and physics based algorithms and graphical user interfaces and visualization.
- Participate within a software development team to design, develop, test, and deploy assigned modeling and simulation software.
- Apply software best practices (software development processes, version control, documentation, etc.) for all developed and modified software.
- Interact with government and industry customers to define requirements and meet analytic needs.
- U.S. Citizenship is required, as is an active Secret clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or related technical discipline and at least 2 years of related experience (We have multiple levels associated with this opportunity and will consider all levels.)
- Experience developing object-oriented software using programming languages such as C++, C#, or Java.
- Experience with the AFSIM software and tools.
- Experience working with LINUX environments.
- Proficiency solving mathematical and physics-based problems of moderate complexity.
- Experience with software version control tools (Git, Subversion, CVS, etc.).
- Advanced skills developing C++ software with the Visual Studio integrated development environment.
- Knowledge and experience with Modeling and Simulation (M&S) environments (constructive and virtual) and Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis (MS&A) concepts.
- Domain knowledge in an engineering discipline relating to aerospace and defense (e.g., Aero, G&C, EE).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.