Leidos is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer on the ESA IV program in Washington, DC. The ESA IV program is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including O&M, Engineering, Help Desk, Deskside support, Project Management, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
- Propose and implement system enhancements to provide additional functionality and address new infrastructure and security requirements.
- Diagnose and resolve system and infrastructure problems quickly.
- Enforce best practices for software and infrastructure systems, communicate these to development organization, and monitor and enforce compliance.
- Maintain architecture processes and documentation as defined by Client and Leidos management.
- Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and able to explore alternatives
- Develop solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results.
- Develop new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of functions strategy and operations. Technical solutions such as but not limited to AD Cloud Services, O365 PST migrations to the Cloud, Infrastructure refresh initiatives, and data migrations.
- Lead and manage technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs
- Communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project.
- Manage defect and technical debt backlogs to prioritize work
- Assist with debugging systemic issues.
- Provide concise direction to correct system problems
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Proven experience preparing and presenting technical documentation to various audiences.
- Hands-on experience in maintaining and supporting large enterprise systems in a production environment such as but not limited too; Splunk, VMware, Storage, Networking and other systems and systems monitoring tools.
- Well rounded with knowledge of various IT technologies such as; Data Storage (NetApp,EMC), Cisco, VMWare, HP, Dell, etc.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments or projects in parallel, balancing time and schedule based on the business priorities of the organization
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.