Leidos is currently supporting the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) Tax Division has an opening for an Information Specialist I / General Clerk III to work in Landover, MD. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the U.S. Department of Justice achieve their mission.
Review legal case files in the Records Management Unit (RMU) Enter case file information into an automated data system Track case files electronically upon entering and exiting the RMU Create shipments of boxes for Districts Label and create box lists Disposition of case files boxes Pull boxes from shelves and return boxes to shelves Follows established RMU procedures Responds to information requests in specific subject areas and, following established guidelines, gathers, prepares, and summarizes relevant materials for use by other project staff, the client, and the client’s customers. Assists with a variety of tasks related to identifying, cataloging, storing, maintaining, retrieving, and disseminating information.
- 3 years’ experience in compiling, analyzing, and synthesizing information to support project task requirements
- Knowledge of information resources
- Automated litigation support experience valued
- Excellent analytical capabilities, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years additional, directly relevant work experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Ability to obtain a Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) clearance.
- Experience working in a government legal environment.
- Prior warehouse intake and tracking experience is a plus.
- Highly detail oriented individual.
- Active security clearance, preferred.
- Familiarity with financial and tax terms is a plus
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA General Clerk
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.