The Defense group at Leidos is looking for an Armament Retooling and Manufacturing Support (ARMS) Manager in Hawthorne, Nevada.
- Work with Base Operations to ensure proper facilitation for all current and new ARMS projects, in compliance with FAR Part 45 and the ARMS Initiative (10 USC 4551-4555), in order to grow the ARMS program as much as is possible within the constraints of available facilities and space on the Depot.
- Prepare Statements Of Work, ARMS Proposals and Advertising Literature. Coordinate procurement of supplies and materials. Schedule Tours for potential tenants, state and federal officials to inform them of the ARMS opportunity.
- Monitor trends that define what types of industry will be growing in future development. Oversees all project management processes. Implements measures to ensure budgets remain or are corrected on target.
- Submitting to and obtaining approval from the Procuring Contracting Officer (PCO) for new tenant ARMS requests.
- Assisting existing ARMS tenants with renewal of their ARMS agreements upon expiration of their current agreement, when it is in the best interests of the Government. Assist tenants with any and all state benefits, assistance, loans, technical assistance and coordinating with the assistance.
- Supporting the termination of ARMS contracts when it is in the best interests of the Government, IAW the direction of the PCO.
- When ARMS Investment Funding is required in support of a tenant use proposal, submit supporting details of project cost, schedule, and a complete description/Statement of Work (SOW) for the project for review and approval/disapproval by the PCO.
- Assist with determination of appropriate consideration to the Government for tenant use IAW FAR Part 45 and FAR Part 52.245-9.
- Produce the ARMS marketing plan, and submit monthly updates
- Produce the quarterly ARMS Activity report.
- Participate in monthly status calls with Government ARMS Team to discuss current issues and best practices.
- Attend the annual ARMS off-site program review/workshop held by the Government.
- Support the annual ARMS validation effort by tracking, maintaining and reporting records of cost, revenue, critical skills, jobs created and benefits to the Army resulting from use of the Depot under the ARMS program.
- Direct the work scheduling for the program, set priorities, and makes work assignments pertaining to tenants or potential tenants. Coordinate with every involved department to ensure tenants have a smooth and effective operation.
- Responsible for securing, maintaining, and distributing all pertinent facility data, keep it in one place and make sure it is available for tenants.
- Responsible for reporting potential real environmental concerns to the Environmental Service.
- Responsible for knowing buildings, power, water and other development necessities. Capable of helping tenants through any necessary permitting for projects.
- Responsible for putting together tours for banks and lending institutions so that they are comfortable lending to potential tenants for project viability.
- Making state and regional institutions aware of the secure location for sensitive projects and facilitating their tours and visits to educate and assist with marketing and growing capabilities of the installation.
- Assist the Support Operations Officer as required with outreach to the community and other external agencies.
- Requires a BA degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent years of experience in lieu of degree or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- US Citizenship Required, Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Experience leading a team.
- Ability to plan, schedule and assist potential tenants. Planning background helpful to assist in action planning for installation projects.
- Knowledge and ability to prepare Statements of Work, forecasts for ARMS projects and action plans for facilitating approvals.
- Ability to monitor tenant proposed statements of work and facilitate them through the approval process.
- Knowledge and ability to secure, maintain, and distribute technical data, i.e., specifications, dimensions, rules and safety concerns.
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization and meeting with stakeholders to formulate, review, and execute task plans and deliverable items.
- Experience presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management.
- Must be able to perform work duties routinely, in a safe and effective manner, remaining alert and aware of potential work/safety hazards at all times while assisting tenants and potential tenants, and especially alert for safety of visitors making tours.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid State driver’s license.
- Five years' experience as a project or program manager
- General knowledge of marketing, project development and problem solving for tenants.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.