Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in Defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Description of Business Environment:
Leidos UK is delivering and pursuing a number of programmes across a diverse range of customers in the Defence and Intelligence-related market sectors. This is a growing business environment with a number of existing programmes with follow-on work and new capture opportunities. All programmes and projects in this area are mission critical to the End User and range in size, complexity and duration. All activity is undertaken working very closely with the Customer in an integrated project environment.
This specific role is in direct support of a Customer programme and located, for a minimum of 3 days per week, at a classified site.
Specific Job Description:
We require a Systems Integrator with an understanding of design, development and integration of large and complex solutions. In addition, to be experienced as a Tier 2 Service Support analyst responsible for incident triage, user training and capturing potential system changes/innovations. A successful candidate will be responsible to a Chief Engineer and Service Delivery Manager (SDM) for the role responsibilities. These will include:
- Planning and control of own work.
- Support to the Chief Engineer in defining and delivering a solution that meets the user need within the bounds of requirements whilst acknowledging the schedule and cost constraints.
- Support to the SDM in resolving incidents and conducting user training/knowledge transfer.
- A good level of Commercial awareness.
- Experience of Customer engagement.
• A successful candidate will be required to be a self-starter and independent worker, able to identify and implement necessary actions within his/her area of responsibility. He/she will need the flexibility necessary to work within a demanding Customer environment. Responsibilities will include working with other Customer users and management, to assess candidate incident solutions, resolve technical issues, optimise operating processes and provide recommended solutions to problems that users experience.
A successful candidate shall be able to execute and perform without assistance, and possess significant practical experience and applied knowledge across the following technical areas:
- Microsoft Product set, specifically:
- Windows 10
- Office 2019
- Windows Defender
- Windows Active Directory
- Group Policy Management / Understanding
- Palo Alto Firewalls, including Global Protect Client
- Manage Engine - Desktop Central and Service Desk Pro
- PRTG Network Monitoring
- General Networking Skills/Diagnostics
Desirable skills comprise:
- Knowledge of Elastic ELK Stack
- Amazon AWS Hosting
Typical Minimum Education & Experience:
Ideally, successful candidates will have a networking qualification, preferably Cisco CCNA and a Microsoft qualification of some category.
An MOD DV clearance is required.
Candidates must be British Nationals.
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Shift:24/7 12 Hour Shift Pattern
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.