The Cyber & SIGINT Solutions Operation is seeking an experienced leader to serve as the Division Manager for the Cyber Solutions Division (CSD). The selected individual will report to the Operations Manager (OM) and work in partnership with the OM to lead and manage a large, geographically dispersed, highly technical workforce. The range of work performed in CSD includes: offensive and defensive cyber operations support, tools development, training, research, analysis, systems engineering and integration, systems development and deployment, operations and maintenance, help desk and close support, network engineering and support, security services, biometrics development, offensive and defensive targeting, facilities and logistical support, and other related services. The DM will supervise program managers who, in turn, manage Leidos and subcontractor personnel to meet the needs of federal and commercial clients. The DM will contribute directly to Operations and Group plans, goals, and objectives. The DM is located in Columbia, MD, and will travel to client locations throughout the U.S. with possible OCONUS travel.
The DM will perform the following roles and responsibilities:
Priority #1 – People First
- Manage all aspects of CSD staffing – recruitment, hiring, performance evaluation, correction/discipline (when required), assignments, retention, engagement, and career development
- Manage and lead CSD personnel through personal example, applying experience and sound judgment
- Oversee and serve as a resource and counselor to CSD PMs, who ensure that program tasks are completed on-schedule, on-budget, and on-target against approved requirements
- Ensure that new Leidos personnel are integrated into the Division effectively, and that an on-going relationship is established
- Communicate regularly, actively, candidly, and professionally with Leidos staff, and with current and potential prime and subcontractor representatives, vendors, and client representatives
- Work both within CSD and outside to help Leidos employees at all levels develop and grow in their careers
Priority #2 - Growth
- Develop a strategy for CSD growth, build a pipeline, and associated marketing materials to be used for immediate and sustainable market penetration
- Contribute to the growth and financial success of Leidos through capture of new opportunities and expansion of existing programs
- Collaborate across the Leidos enterprise to advance the Cyber strategy and build capabilities across the enterprise
- Demonstrate unquestioned commitment to CSD clients’ mission objectives
- Identify areas of potential growth in existing CSD programs, and work through PMs and clients to seek additional business
- Participate personally in Leidos capture and proposal activities
- Remain cognizant of relevant industry best-practices and trends to ensure that CSD’s programs and activities incorporate effective, efficient approaches
- Measure, monitor, and report progress to Leidos’s leadership
Priority #3 – Flawless Execution
- Remain accountable for all aspects of Division performance – technical work, program management, financial goals, issue management and escalation, risk management, compliance, security, and client satisfaction
- Coordinate with client representatives frequently to ensure an open and collegial environment and to validate client satisfaction with CSD’s program performance
- Maintain a strong partnership relationship with Leidos infrastructure and support elements (HR, finance, project control, contracts, security, facilities, logistics, …)
- Respond to requests from Leidos leadership and CSD clients in a complete, comprehensive, and timely manner
- Remain cognizant of relevant Leidos and clients’ policies to ensure that CSD personnel and activities are fully compliant
- Identify potential corporate risk areas in CSD’s business areas, develop mitigation strategies, monitor risk, and collaborate with other Leidos leaders to manage risks
- Ensure that CSD deliverables are provided on-schedule and with appropriate accuracy and completeness
- Collaborate with senior Leidos management to ensure their commitment to and visibility into CSD’s work
- Exemplify the highest standards of personal and professional integrity in every aspect of CSD’s business
- Represent the Division, Operation, and Group in Leidos internal and external activities when requested
Candidate Must Possess the Following Skills and Experience:
- Active, current Top Secret/SCI clearance, and the ability and willingness to maintain this clearance or upgrade as necessary while holding this position
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology Management, or a degree whose curriculum is equivalent to one of those and is directly relevant to the Cyber domain and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 13+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience supporting Department of Defense and Intelligence Community clients is required.
- At least five years of progressively complex experience as the PM/manager of successful mid- to large-size technical programs, departments, or activities
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading direct employees.
- Attention to detail plus the ability to rise above the details and see the larger picture
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with quick-response deadlines
- Experience managing a decentralized and dispersed workforce
- Strong, professional communication and organization skills – in writing, in person, in leading small and large groups, and in delivering formal presentations (a writing sample may be requested)
Highly Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience as a staff officer in the DoD or IC serving in a senior or executive level cyber related role is highly desired
- Experience mentoring and developing subordinate managers is preferred
- Master’s degree preferred, but not required
- Experience working on capture and proposals is highly desirable
- Experience leading a budget or P&L of $100M+
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Division Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.